Sign in to follow this  

Differences in 08 transmission gears?

For all you gearheads out there: Does anyone know what changes were made to the 08 transmission from the 07 on the CRF450R. I see that Honda changed the part numbers for most of the gears on the 08 compared to the 07, but the rest of the parts remain unchanged. I assume they are interchangeable to the 07 (or at least as a set). But is this simply a change in part numbers, material, or did Honda change the design? I am in the process of making some gears and I need to know if they will fit thru 08. Your help is greatly appreciated!

I Don't know anything about the '08 but I have an '07 that has eaten two transmissions, the second one I did the repair myself and some of the parts had been discontinued according to service honda and I had to find some parts online on the shelf to complete the repair.

I Don't know anything about the '08 but I have an '07 that has eaten two transmissions, the second one I did the repair myself and some of the parts had been discontinued according to service honda and I had to find some parts online on the shelf to complete the repair.
What parts failed? I have seen transmissions from all the earlier CRF450Rs and they are very similar. Can you send me photos of the broken parts? My email is dstarksen@advancedclutch.com.

Does anyone have an 08 bottom end apart right now?? Maybe we can work a deal so I can get the information I need.

Anyone know the differences?? Yes I have reviewed the part numbers...