Racers Alliance - Score Petition

There is a group of riders and drivers forming called Penalized Racers Alliance or PRA for short. It is a coalition urging action by SCORE to have a competition review of how the scoring of the 500 went down.

http://www.gopetition.com/online/29055.html

This could get interesting.

There is a group of riders and drivers forming called Penalized Racers Alliance or PRA for short. It is a coalition urging action by SCORE to have a competition review of how the scoring of the 500 went down.

I will post more details as they become available.

This could get interesting.

CBA? :worthy:

on-line petition coming very soon.

Much of what presented in the RDC story is based on second hand "pit racing" stories and is miss-leading at best.

Ahh, the folklore of Baja racing

2861740170_24c814aeac_o.jpg

Sorry you feel this way. If more people stood up for what they believe in then perhaps our taxes wouldn't be so high

No action is just a form of blind acceptance. Cool pic, though.

I'm guessing by reading some of your posts on the Baja 500 that you didn't race. So you aren't feeling the frustration of the racers who paid a lot of money to go race, play by the rules and then get penalized by Score.

I will admit I have seen the tracking info of other competitors from this race. Everyone I have seen has shown they took lines all over the course. Yet if they did not take the SV line they were not penalized. Can you please tell me why they weren't penalized for these lines?

No you can't. Only Score can and that is why so many racers have questions and want the real answers from Score.

Cool pic, though.

Isn't it great! Once I found it, I felt a personal responsibility to use it somewhere... :worthy:

I'm guessing by reading some of your posts on the Baja 500 that you didn't race. So you aren't feeling the frustration of the racers who paid a lot of money to go race...

One reason why I stopped dealing with SCORE so long ago was the lack of enforcement and how the 'old boys' network could get away with whatever they liked. I'm hopeful that those days are coming to an end, though it's unfortunate that those who are caught in the middle of this change are suffering.

No action is just a form of blind acceptance.

Did you pull this quote from the SCORE web-site? :worthy:

(this seems like a great thread for a custom smiley)

p7E81f1245976551.gif

Did you pull this quote from the SCORE web-site? :worthy:

Is that their motto?

For those interested, you can read and sign the petition below-

We the undersigned have participated in the 2009 SCORE Baja 500 as a racer, chase crew or card carrying member of SCORE-International and object to the procedure in which penalties were handed out to 90% of the entrants. We believe the manner by which these actions were taken by SCORE have been detrimental to the sport of off-road racing. We support the idea of having an immediate competition review board meeting to review the scoring of the 2009 Baja 500. We approve of a board comprised of active competitors and SCORE officials to collectively work together to solve these issues and further define the procedures with clarity for scoring future races.

http://www.baja.net/forums/showthread.php?t=25395

Isn't it great! Once I found it, I felt a personal responsibility to use it somewhere... :worthy:

+1 Great Pic!

(this seems like a great thread for a custom smiley)

p7E81f1245976551.gif

Classic!

Hey Sal,

I doubt you will read this and I doubt you will pay any attention to the "petition". But that's ok, I think you got it right and I appreciate it!

I am going to speak for the minority. I'm talking about the guys that watch dust to glory and decide to drive 1/2 cross the country, in some cases the world, and race what they perceive as one of the most prestiges off road races in the world!

But wait, we've been spending some time looking at the course deviations and you know what, we didnt take any of those cause we didn't know any better. It just never occured to us when we came out there and were pre riding that we should be looking for those "lines". Silly us, we just followed the marked course. Feel kinda stupid now. It has been pointed out to me that I know nothing about Baja and I can now see what they were talking about. All this time I thought it was about training and riding skill. I thought I was on a even playing field. Silly rookie!!

So Sal, thanks. Thanks for opening my eyes AND giving me the confidence to load up again this November and give the 1k a go. It will be good to know that the integrity has been put back into THE greatest off road race in the world and that people like me that aren't Baja veterens can still compete with the confindance that skill and training will make the difference and not the time we have spent doing our pre riding "homework".

Didnt mean to make this so long but now I have to go get in my run. It will be nice to know that that will pay off more in Nov then any special "lines" I may know about.

Thanks Sal!

Hey Sal,

I doubt you will read this and I doubt you will pay any attention to the "petition". But that's ok, I think you got it right and I appreciate it!

I am going to speak for the minority. I'm talking about the guys that watch dust to glory and decide to drive 1/2 cross the country, in some cases the world, and race what they perceive as one of the most prestiges off road races in the world!

But wait, we've been spending some time looking at the course deviations and you know what, we didnt take any of those cause we didn't know any better. It just never occured to us when we came out there and were pre riding that we should be looking for those "lines". Silly us, we just followed the marked course. Feel kinda stupid now. It has been pointed out to me that I know nothing about Baja and I can now see what they were talking about. All this time I thought it was about training and riding skill. I thought I was on a even playing field. Silly rookie!!

So Sal, thanks. Thanks for opening my eyes AND giving me the confidence to load up again this November and give the 1k a go. It will be good to know that the integrity has been put back into THE greatest off road race in the world and that people like me that aren't Baja veterens can still compete with the confindance that skill and training will make the difference and not the time we have spent doing our pre riding "homework".

Didnt mean to make this so long but now I have to go get in my run. It will be nice to know that that will pay off more in Nov then any special "lines" I may know about.

Thanks Sal!

+1 :worthy: