brake bleeding without a vac?

There is a tool thats pumps the brake fluid in from the caliper, it is made for cars but will work on motorcycles. The same principle should work with a squeeze bottle as long as you only squeeze brake fluid in not air. This is how the KTM hydraulic clutch is bled.

pump the brake with bleeder closed, hold lever down, open bleeder, push the lever down farther, close the bleeder.. pump more and repeat. if you're lucky then it'll take you 30mins

Note: if you let the lever up while the bleeder is open you're sucking in air and you have to start over!

I did it a little differently. First drained the old brake fluid. I took a little hose left over from a drink system, cut it into a small strip, put a ziptie on either end to make it air tight and placed that over the bleeder screw. I bought a syringe at the local CVS pharmacy (like one to clean out your mouth I guess). I then opened the valve, shot some fluid in (making sure there was no air in the syringe itself) and closed the bleeder and repeated until the resevior filled up. It worked pretty well once I got the hang of it, little messy at times though.

there is a nice easy way to do it. get yourself a large syringe for injecting marinade. Next step get some tubing that fits from the caliper bleeder screw to the syringe fill it with dot 4 and push the new fluid through the system. It does make a mess if you dont catch the fluid coming out of the master cylinder but it gets all the air out.

I did it a little differently. First drained the old brake fluid. I took a little hose left over from a drink system, cut it into a small strip, put a ziptie on either end to make it air tight and placed that over the bleeder screw. I bought a syringe at the local CVS pharmacy (like one to clean out your mouth I guess). I then opened the valve, shot some fluid in (making sure there was no air in the syringe itself) and closed the bleeder and repeated until the resevior filled up. It worked pretty well once I got the hang of it, little messy at times though.

Each time you closed the bleeder valve and pulled the syringe out to fill it up, wouldn't you inject air that would be in the hose the next time you opened the bleeder valve and repeated. Or would there still be brake fluid in that small section of hose and it would not let air in when you inserted the syringe?

Hope that makes sense.

Each time you closed the bleeder valve and pulled the syringe out to fill it up, wouldn't you inject air that would be in the hose the next time you opened the bleeder valve and repeated. Or would there still be brake fluid in that small section of hose and it would not let air in when you inserted the syringe?

Hope that makes sense.

It didn't happen to me, you have to make sure that the tube is as air tight as possible, that is why I put zipties on either end.