'08 WR250F Skid Plate Question

I'm currently running the P.O.S. Moose / E-Line carbon fiber skid plate. When I initially installed it, I concluded it must have been made by a blind man due to the poor fit. I had to belt sand it and drill two new mounting holes before it went on. I hate this thing and was looking for a new skid plate. I really want the Works Connection skid plate but they only make one for the WR450F. Does anyone know if it would fit or how similar the frame rails are between the 250F and the 450F. Or, if anyone could suggest a better skid plate, preferably made out of metal instead of carbon. Thanks.

What about the stock one? Or is that one a POS? I have had it out on a few rides and smashed it pretty good a few times (like crossing rail road tracks) and it seems to be holding up pretty well. It collects mud but it seems to flow out pretty easy.

Check out Scorpion Racing, a Canadian company... I think these look just awesome:

http://scorpionracing.ca/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=127&Itemid=26

They might sell more if the picture they have on their site did not show a cracked one. Click on the little pic for a pic of the cracked one. LOL

Thanks for the help fellas. The Scorpion looks pretty awesome and I believe thats a scratch and not a crack ^your^ talking about. I already threw out my OEM skid plate so it's no available to put back on.

Yes I believe you're right regarding the scratch. If you want to order that product visit www.gnarlyparts.ca (there is a 1-800#)... Whether you're in the U.S. or Canada they can get that skid plate over to you pretty quick.

You never know. It happened during an enduro in PA. The fact of the matter is that plastic skidplate is only good for cosmetics. Rocks can still dent your frame, your oil resevoir. If the plastic can flex its' only stopping because it's hitting something harder underneath it and it will transfer most of the damage to that part.