Sign in to follow this  

13/53 gearing 04 rm 250

I just bought a bunch of parts and received a 53t rear sprocket with the package. I was wondering if anyone is running this gearing and how it is. I will be riding alot of mountain trails which are pretty tight until my friends track dries out, so I'm thinking this could be a good setup for it. I just dont want it to be overkill, thanks!

I just bought a bunch of parts and received a 53t rear sprocket with the package. I was wondering if anyone is running this gearing and how it is. I will be riding alot of mountain trails which are pretty tight until my friends track dries out, so I'm thinking this could be a good setup for it. I just dont want it to be overkill, thanks!

I have boyesen rad valve and 10oz flywheel weights with a stock pipe 12 tooth front and 49 rear gear I trail ride 90% of the time and my bike will lug through all kinds of nasty stuff. If go up three on the rear sprocket it is the same as going down one on the front gear. The gearing that you are talking about is very close to mine.:worthy:

cool, Yea I was thinking fww, but Since I got the sprocket lying around I thought it was prolly just as good. I also have v-force 3 reeds, fmf fatty, power core 2, I think I want a gnarly pipe as well.