Sign in to follow this  

Gnarly Dual Sport?

Anyone like riding all day on twisty pavement, dirt roads and single track? I do but Im having a hard time finding guys to ride with. I have plenty of guys to ride w that are into trails. Guys that like the easy DS. Who likes it all?

I have 2 rides in mind. Redding to the coast(alot of pavement) or Redding to Secret spot(hardly any pavement). And Chico to Downieville. Both rides would be at least 2 days.

Must be good B rider or better.

Unless your Bub or better u need a light DS bike.

Have any backpacking gear?

Chad

You gonna ride the MT shasta D/s ride? I want to. Troy has some good stuff lined up.

When is it? I should know. Any Single Track? The one ride I did last year had none. Did you do the fathers day weekend DS?

chad,

what dates are thinking of? i've got access to a DS but i've got a busy summer with the desert racing. let me know

-rob

I would love to go. I know I have a heavy bike, but I can hang. I have the same problem as you. Everyone only wants to ride trails or does not have a plated bike. I have a great DS ride in mind as well that I am looking for riders for in the later part of August.

What are the dates of these rides? Any of them sound great to me!:worthy:

I am planning on doing the Mt. Shasta ride as well and no for a fact there is single track this time.

chad check the thread in the D/S section.

rob, wanna come up next weekend and ride. I am on the fence a bit, due to bike issues, any of you chico dudes, or others that are coming up are welcome to stay at my house, plenty of grass to sleep on, toy haulers and extra rooms. 40 miles to the stage area.

Could I ride it with street tires on my super motard?

Ha Ha, talking to me or Zeke?

I think Im gonna do that DS at Mt Shasta.

I would love to go. I know I have a heavy bike, but I can hang. I have the same problem as you. Everyone only wants to ride trails or does not have a plated bike. I have a great DS ride in mind as well that I am looking for riders for in the later part of August.

I am planning on doing the Mt. Shasta ride as well and no for a fact there is single track this time.

I was thinking of the 11th and 12th, but now Im thinkin any weekend in August except labor day?

At the Mt Shasta DS are you camping and where?

I was thinking of the 11th and 12th, but now Im thinkin any weekend in August except labor day?

At the Mt Shasta DS are you camping and where?

Zeke extended the offer to crash at his pad so I thought that would be convenient. I am game for any weekend, just need to know a week ahead so I do not make ride plans somewhere else. :worthy: Or I could just as well camp if that's what others plan on doing.

Zeke extended the offer to crash at his pad so I thought that would be convenient. I am game for any weekend, just need to know a week ahead so I do not make ride plans somewhere else. :worthy: Or I could just as well camp if that's what others plan on doing.

I would like to camp some place close.

As far as the other ride, any weekend in August. Or September?

Can you take off for three days?

Did you make it up north to those other trails?

I would like to camp some place close.

As far as the other ride, any weekend in August except Labor Day. Or September?

Can you take off for three days?

Did you make it up north to those other trails?

Yes, I can get three days off no problem, and if your camping I'll just camp as well. I only have one ride scheduled for sure on the 15th of August that is set in stone. how about the 8,9th of August weekend?

Yes, I have been riding up north a lot lately, It has been beautiful except for there is now dust.

The Mt Shasta ride looks interesting. Seriously considering it. I like the long hard core dual sport rides. The ones where pavement connects trails.

The Mt Shasta ride looks interesting. Seriously considering it. I like the long hard core dual sport rides. The ones where pavement connects trails.

If you have not been to the area, the scenery alone makes this one worth going on.:worthy:

What are you talking about Rock? Whats that thing on my ktm hanging on the rear fender? I am ready for a good ride:ride: no dust on the pavement either. Let me know what weekend you are thinking of

What are you talking about Rock? Whats that thing on my ktm hanging on the rear fender? I am ready for a good ride:ride: no dust on the pavement either. Let me know what weekend you are thinking of

I thought Jason said you werent plated?

Aug. 7,8,9.

I know Fri isnt best for you J but can u swing it?

Oh and there is no B rider qualification now. Lets just keep it to known riders then?

So we will see you there?

Anyone like riding all day on twisty pavement, dirt roads and single track? I do but Im having a hard time finding guys to ride with. I have plenty of guys to ride w that are into trails. Guys that like the easy DS. Who likes it all?

I have 2 rides in mind. Redding to the coast(alot of pavement) or Redding to Secret spot(hardly any pavement). And Chico to Downieville. Both rides would be at least 2 days.

Must be good B rider or better.

Unless your Bub or better u need a light DS bike.

Have any backpacking gear?

Chad

That sounds like fun, but I typically don't ride with people who are a lot slower than me. I don't like being held up and having to wait for some spode all day long. Send me a PM when you are a better rider. :worthy: