Sign in to follow this  

self diagnosed plantar fasciitis

thanks to WEbmd I've figured out that i probably have a plantar fasciitis issue. Yesterday in particular I was on concrete for 10hrs then standing on the softball field for 3 hrs before putting on cleats and playing for 2hrs..my heel and immediately in front of it is really hurting. This has been going on for around a year. A few months ago it almost went completely away then it started flaring up again. I had been doing calf muscle stretches and still do, it definitely helps but only seems to be temporary relief.

Should I go ahead and see a podiatrist or does someone have a relatable issue that has found relief another way. I really want to get it taken care of so I can continue to be active, but it's hard to do anything when you foot is in that kind of sharp pain.

I had this for over a year and then got it diagnosed had to rest it for some time and lots of stretching eventually it came ok also use the correct supporting running / training shoes. Go that fixed then the shin splints came lol......they are just the same though good shoes and lots of stretching etc.....

I have had this before. It lasted about 6 months. I was told this was because I could not stay off of my feet. I couple things I did that helped out a lot was heel cups/gel wedges in all shoes. Stretch your calf/shin area.

Mine was really bad first thing in the morning when I put my feet on the floor (muscle would tighten up over night). Stretching before I put my feet on the floor help this a lot.

PT helped out a lot with the recovery. If you know any runners talk to them, common problem for that sport.

Good luck.

Paul

Last time I had it broke my leg a week later. Could not walk for 3 months. It did cure it though, had to be a better way to get rid of it!

Last time I had it broke my leg a week later. Could not walk for 3 months. It did cure it though, had to be a better way to get rid of it!

hell, i'd rather not break my leg to cure a tight muscle! :worthy:

A good set of orthotics will correct the ground under your feet if they are flat.

Sometimes the fascia is pulling on the heel because of this. Do some research for a good foot doctor in your area. :worthy: