717 trip this weekend 7/3/09

The family and I are heading there once again this weekend. We'll likely be there by Thursday AM and stay until Sunday afternoon. Heard that there will be lots of food and fun. Kids are coming so there will be a multitide of riding levels (and rides) happening throughout the weekend.

Anyone interested in joining?

Cool, ill plan on it . Not sure what day tho as im currently awaiting "permmision" from my goverment:lame: to get a new toy .(ruger mk111 comp.)So im thinking saturday might be be my 1st big date w/her. Im gonna bring her some hollow points.I think she'll like them:banana:

Most likley sunday.

later.

I can't go (due to a broken hand, courtesy of a idiot rider at the Poker Run) but I'm curious as to where you camp when you are up there riding. My kids are getting close to the age where we might be able to do a little bit of that.

I'd love to go, but I'll be camping, riding etc. up North over the weekend.

What will be your Sunday riding agenda?

What will be your Sunday riding agenda?

Wake up, start coffee, assess damage from drunken stupor that was induced the night before, gear up and ride. :worthy:

Realistically, we'll probably be rolling by 10am. With 4 days out there I'm not in any hurry to get on the bike. Probably a spirited ride first, then maybe an easy one in the afternoon. We've been staying until 4 or so recently on Sundays. Last hot lap we did of the main loop was 1:33:00 with a few stops but I doubt we'll try to top that one this weekend. Course now that I said that we just might. :lol:

I'm riding somewhere on Saturday, but not sure where yet. If 717 is in the plans, will you be at the same camping area?

We may buzz by on Friday - taking the kids out there for the day.

I'm riding somewhere on Saturday, but not sure where yet. If 717 is in the plans, will you be at the same camping area?

Probably close. Look for the signs!

torch

Probably close. Look for the signs!

torch

Doesn't look like I am headed that way - my friends chose Idaho Springs. That is if I can get my brake lever bent back out and a new case on my bike in time.

I will most likely show up on saturday morning, I'm hopeing to have my older bike back up and running, I need to put some miles on it, make sure it's ok. Its been broke down since feb.:worthy: If its still not running right I always have my new bike:thumbsup:

So...... How were the conditions guys

I was up their on Friday. Had a good time. Traction was great! Just a little rain. I hope you guys didn't get rained out on Sat. Thanks for having me and feeding me dinner. Next time I'll bring a change of socks!

Little wet most of the weekend, but otherwise great.

Only thing that was a downer was the "bro's" in the polaris side by sides on the trail. They claimed they were 50" wide and fit between the posts. Maybe so, but those things were huge and took the WHOLE trail. Does Polaris make a "sit in" vehicle that is 50" wide???

Bro's...hahaa

After a few of us said they should get those things off the trail all they responded with was "chill bro, these are legal, chill out bro"

So "Bro" became the topic of many conversations over the weekend. Rich sent me the bro song on youtube, effin hilarious.

Redhurricane;; Did you get your spring back?

I found it on the motor AFTER pushing the bike about 100 ft.

Left it on the 50.

Redhurricane;; Did you get your spring back?

I found it on the motor AFTER pushing the bike about 100 ft.

Left it on the 50.

Got it, thanks. We walked the whole place again that afternoon looking for your mixture screw.... no luck.

pablo83...... I decided to ride over the rock. It wasn't pretty, but I did it without carnage.....

th_MVI_0261.jpg

torch

Polaris does make a razor that is at the 50" mark