Sign in to follow this  

kx 125 powervalve

my son has a kx 125 and I do all the work on it, last night i was putting new brakes, sprockets and basic maintenance. I pulled the side cover for the powervalve and noticed the shaft had alot of side play so i took off the front cover to check the valves and noticed the pin on the right valve had moved to the right away from the spring, so it was not catching and needless to say not working. I knew the shaft was worn and needed replaced and i had already replaced the left valve. I took the shaft out and took the valve plate off. I could not get the valve out because it is too long but i was able to push the pin back in. I have a pretty new to end so i don't want to take the jug off. I ordered a new shaft last night. Will this be safe to run if i check

on a reg. bas? till i get ready to do a new top end and would it have cut the powere somewhat?

thanks

Brian

my son has a kx 125 and I do all the work on it, last night i was putting new brakes, sprockets and basic maintenance. I pulled the side cover for the powervalve and noticed the shaft had alot of side play so i took off the front cover to check the valves and noticed the pin on the right valve had moved to the right away from the spring, so it was not catching and needless to say not working. I knew the shaft was worn and needed replaced and i had already replaced the left valve. I took the shaft out and took the valve plate off. I could not get the valve out because it is too long but i was able to push the pin back in. I have a pretty new to end so i don't want to take the jug off. I ordered a new shaft last night. Will this be safe to run if i check

on a reg. bas? till i get ready to do a new top end and would it have cut the powere somewhat?

thanks

Brian

you dont need to do a topend just because you need to take the cylinder off, just buy a gasket kit and do it the right way

thanks

Brian

Well, if he complains of some loss of top end power, you'll know it is failing again. Keep a close eye on it, and his comments.