Sign in to follow this  

how long does it take to recive parts?

it seems every time i order parts for my bikes it takes forever and i miss riding weekends.the dealer takes anywhere from 1-3 weeks for parts..and sometimes tells you they cant get that after you pay for it and have to go back to get your $$$ back! the bike places are about the same because they order the parts just like i would myself.and e bay you may or may not recived it i recived the wrong parts most of the time.i just ordered a skid plate and case savers from tt almoast 2 weeks ago,and they have not been shipped yet... so where does everyone buy their parts for fast shipping? i dont even care about the price ..i just want my parts when i buy them.or atleast be able to recive the parts i break sunday fixed for next sunday.

You local dealer can get parts in one or two days if your willing to pay for the expedited shipping charges. [Assuming the warehouse that supports them has it in stock.]

thumpertalk and rockymountainatv can both expedite the shipping and can get you stuff you order on monday by wensday or thursday, usually only adds ten bucks or so depending on what your ordering

denniskirk, shadetreepowersports, ronayers and ronnies usually ship fast cycle design typically can get parts within 1-3 days at their store, I am currently waiting on a TT order right now... two weeks

thumpertalk and rockymountainatv can both expedite the shipping

The killer for ordering OEM online is that they need to order it from Suzuki, then wait to get it, then ship it to you. If you really wanted it quickly you would be paying overnight charges twice.

If you have to have OEM parts fast, the local dealer is the way to go.

If your talking non-OEM parts then I love DennisKirk, they stock tons of parts (actually STOCK them... not drop ship them) and if you order before 6:30 eastern they go out the same day guaranteed. Add to that that its only 2 days UPS ground from them to me and its hard to beat. Oh yeah, and they price match. win/win/win

That said, I just got an OEM order from TT the other day... so I do support the community also. :worthy:

You local dealer can get parts in one or two days if you’re willing to pay for the expedited shipping charges. [Assuming the warehouse that supports them has it in stock.]

Not always the case, in a bunch of years riding, currently supporting 6 bikes now.. No dealer within 200 miles of me is willing to order parts outside their normal window.

I've heard about these special dealers that will drop an order for an extra charge, but I've never been to one.

To the OP. I order 90% of my parts through TT, Or on occasion from another on line dealer. OEM parts are mostly done through Ronayers or TT OEM.

Have you contacted TT about your order? Perhaps going to the source and asking them would be more effective then venting your concern here, where no store employee is likely to ever see it.

I’ll bet you’ll be surprised by the service you receive when you call.

I've heard about these special dealers that will drop an order for an extra charge, but I've never been to one.

Odd, you must have some old cranky dealers. Just this winter I ordered an A-Arm for a Yamaha sled and they overnighted it for my trip. I think I paid an extra 30 for shipping, but I got it.

teamgreenklx

I have the boys looking into your order. They should be contacting you shortly.

RetroRanger

Your order shipped on the 23rd and is on the truck for delivery today.

If you are ever concerned about your order. Don't hesitate to give us a call or email us. Thats what we are there for. We can't fix something or look into it if we don't know about it.

teamgreenklx

I have the boys looking into your order. They should be contacting you shortly.

RetroRanger

If you are ever concerned about your order. Don't hesitate to give us a call or email us. Thats what we are there for. We can't fix something or look into it if we don't know about it.

I can vouch for this. My order was 'pending' for several days. I called to see what the deal was. Turns out one of my OEM parts was coming in from somewhere else. Dropped that from the order, should ship today

it seems every time i order parts for my bikes it takes forever and i miss riding weekends.the dealer takes anywhere from 1-3 weeks for parts..and sometimes tells you they cant get that after you pay for it and have to go back to get your $$$ back! the bike places are about the same because they order the parts just like i would myself.and e bay you may or may not recived it i recived the wrong parts most of the time.i just ordered a skid plate and case savers from tt almoast 2 weeks ago,and they have not been shipped yet... so where does everyone buy their parts for fast shipping? i dont even care about the price ..i just want my parts when i buy them.or atleast be able to recive the parts i break sunday fixed for next sunday.

I looked up your order and it appears that we notified you of an issue. Suzuki GAUGE, OIL LEVEL is not an OEM part we stock because of fairly low demand. We ordered it in from our supplier the day you placed your order and depending upon the location of that part, it can take up 7-10 business days, but usually 2-3. It just depends upon where that part happens to be located in the US.

While we did order the part from Suzuki but it appears there was a shipping errror and we never recieve it. So, is sucks, but we had to reorder.:worthy:

I noted that your order is in a ready to ship - split status, meanning the in stock parts will ship today and the OEM part when it arrives.

While we didn't directly cause the error, you still have our apologies for the inconvenience. There really are very few errors in receiving not in stock OEM parts from our suppliers, but at the same time, that's of no comfort when you happen to fall into that very small percentage of affected orders! :lol:

I looked through the order to see if there was anything we could have done differently to have avoided this, but unfortunately there is not, as we have no control over suppliers we depend upon.

Thanks for your understanding and business. We'll get the in stock parts to you before he weekend.

Bryan

I typically order from the ThumperTalk store, Wheeling Cycle Supply, and Motostrano. Wheeling is across the country from me and still gets things to me in less than a work week. The TT store is less than 300 miles from me and gets things to me the next day or two days after my order. Motostrano is probably 400 miles from me and gets things to me in 3 to 4 days usually. But no matter where you order from, if the item is out of stock you're going to have to wait longer. And I have noticed OEM parts usually take the longest to get. If you need it fast place your order over the phone.

I looked up your order and it appears that we notified you of an issue. Suzuki GAUGE, OIL LEVEL is not an OEM part we stock because of fairly low demand.

Do you actually stock ANY oem parts?

The movers...

And I'm guessing that's hardly anything at all... probably some oil filters. Over the years it seems like dealers have depleted their inventory to basically nothing. Heck even wear items like brake pads are never an item they stock.

Oh well, it just gives you more business that way. If I have to wait I'd rather pay less while I wait.

Next time I'm in Vegas I'll have to come up and check out your facility... as a computer guy specializing in inventory I'm curious to see how your automation works.

Chaparral has a large inventory of parts. If I'm ever in a pinch I can usually take the 20 min drive to their place and get what I need.

RetroRanger

Hi Valerie

thanks for the info I was not worried about the order, I realize I am on the opposite end of the US and when I ship things over there its 6-7 days for shipping.

that said the day after I placed my order TT called me at home to LMK that a part I ordered was back ordered and would I like to switch to another brand to avoid waitng on the backorder. I appreciate that

not that it matters much its been raining here for about 3 weeks and I have not had a chance to ride other than aquick scoot between the raindrops :worthy:

a lot of dealers........maybe I should say MOST DEALERS (???) now seem to try to stock the stuff that gets used on a regular basis

other than that, they too must place an order, and this usually is only 1 time a week

then, only if their warehouse has it will you see it within that 2 week window

ever try to pick up something as simple as:

a stock spark plug.....a pilot jet 1 size down from stock......and an oil filter + gasket + spring all the same day from your dealer & only walk away with the gasket and being told they will order the rest next week?????

yep, that's the last time I went to that dealer for sure

Now I ALWAYS:

try to maintain a stock of my own most used supplies like those above, and I also stock cables & a spare set of sprockets & chain plus other "minor stuff" for each bike....levers, lever assemblies, mirrors, lots of grips, lights, fenders, side panels, seat covers, nuts & bolts......tubes, tires, handlebars, fork seals, wheel bearings.....spokes, rotors, shift levers, brake levers...........let's see now, did I leave anything out:smirk:

and when I place internet orders, I sometimes call instead if I am in a hurry just to ask if those items are in stock

imagine this......one time I waited over 2 weeks to get my order because nobody would tell me that the order was short one......yep, just 1 brake rotor bolt for my KTM..............damn, a 200 buck order on hold for 1 bolt--and it was only an extra at that!!!!

I kindly asked if they could just delete that 1 bolt & ship my order????.....sure can pops the kid on the phone said.....and 5 days later it arrived:smirk:

call & ask.....and follow up yourself as most places do not follow individual orders, and even the best do screw up every now & then.....it just happens because of the size of some of these operations have grown so huge they process thousands & thousands of orders every day....you just gotta see it to believe it, it's hu-mon-gous!!!!

happyriding ya'll

:worthy::lol:

I most of the time order from TT and at times from other dealers. Even though i live on the other side of the WORLD i still get my order in 10 days! And never had any problems with TT at all! The last thing i would do is to order from the suzuki dealer.. It takes them FIVE MONTHS to deliver the parts!! And once before i knew TT i ordered from them, badly needed a cylinder, I even payed extra for faster shipping but got it in 3 months..:lol: That was the last time i ordered from them.. And fortunately i found TT. Maybe the best thing that happened to my bike till now.:worthy:

Thank you TT!

or just order from beemerwolf its all in "in stock " LOL

:worthy::lol: :lol: :lol::banana:

hey retro...........how in the heck do you keep up with the parts for those 3 DRZs in your garage?????????