Sign in to follow this  

140's on my drz

i ordered tires and they should be on the porch when i get home from work:thumbsup: problem is i may have went to big:banghead: will a mt21 140-80-18 fit my 400? i'm seeing most of you have 130's :worthy:

i ordered tires and they should be on the porch when i get home from work:thumbsup: problem is i may have went to big:banghead: will a mt21 140-80-18 fit my 400? i'm seeing most of you have 130's :worthy:
I'm running Conti Twinduro 140/18, no issues.

The manufacturer and tire type will have as much or more to do with clearance as size. You should not consider size alone these days with a DS bike.

many people here run 140s with no problems at all. like Eddie said, it will depend on the tire it's self.

I've run nothing but 140's on my DRZ.....MT21's and now XCMH's.....never a problem, fit just fine.

I've run nothing but 140's on my DRZ.....MT21's and now XCMH's.....never a problem, fit just fine.

For what its worth...I normally run an MT-21 in 130/90, this last time I tried the XCMH in 120/100. I was afraid it was going to be too skinny but I dig it, when mounted it is ALMOST as wide as the 130 MT-21.

I only have about 600-700 miles on it so far but it's looking like it's gonna be about a 1500 mile tire.

Back to the OP, yes a 140 will fit fine, but IMHO the 130 MT-21 is a better fit on the wheel.