Sign in to follow this  

What should I do to my 2005 Honda CRF150F

I ve got plenty of money to work with and i want a project to work on during the summer.Post up stuff you guys think i should do to a complety stock crf 150f.

BBK

cam

carb

exhaust

CR85 forks

fox/works rear shock

BBR frame

Wheels?

or go though and grease every bearing on the bike. haha that should keep you busy.

BBK

cam

carb

exhaust

CR85 forks

fox/works rear shock

BBR frame

Wheels?

or go though and grease every bearing on the bike. haha that should keep you busy.

I'd do the CR85 fork conversion and new rear shock first.

Yea, suspension is a must, once thats handled, worry about a bore kit and a cam. CR85 forks work great once you respring/revalve them, Works pro series or Fox podium MX in the back, NEW TIRES stock pirellis are trash, re-jet if you haven't already. Just take a look at what some others have done on here, that should give you more ideas.

I ve got plenty of money to work with and i want a project to work on during the summer.Post up stuff you guys think i should do to a complety stock crf 150f.

Aside from your "plenty of money" comment, I think we're in the same boat. My project, also a 05, 105F, is going to end up as a street legal supermoto.

A basic overview of my plan...

1: Susupension and wheels. (Reworked CR85 fork conversion, new shock, 17" wheels)

2: MORE Power. (Mr. Coe to the operating room please...)

3: As time and cash flow permit:

3a: Body work. (New panels and custom graphics...)

3b: Wiring and electrics. (Street legal gear, hidden wiring...)

3c: Misc. Custom Mods. (A rear disc conversion is on paper! :worthy: )

3d: Misc. maintenance and reconditioning. (Ongoing work...)

Due to wait times for parts orders and other SNAFU's, the order in which the tasks are completed, may be a bit different. However, priority #1 is getting her off the lift and back on to her wheels.

There's so much you can do with these bikes your choices seem endless!! Good luck on your project and keep us posted with progress pics!! :lol:

Aside from your "plenty of money" comment, I think we're in the same boat. My project, also a 05, 105F, is going to end up as a street legal supermoto.

A basic overview of my plan...

1: Susupension and wheels. (Reworked CR85 fork conversion, new shock, 17" wheels)

2: MORE Power. (Mr. Coe to the operating room please...)

3: As time and cash flow permit:

3a: Body work. (New panels and custom graphics...)

3b: Wiring and electrics. (Street legal gear, hidden wiring...)

3c: Misc. Custom Mods. (A rear disc conversion is on paper! :worthy: )

3d: Misc. maintenance and reconditioning. (Ongoing work...)

Due to wait times for parts orders and other SNAFU's, the order in which the tasks are completed, may be a bit different. However, priority #1 is getting her off the lift and back on to her wheels.

There's so much you can do with these bikes your choices seem endless!! Good luck on your project and keep us posted with progress pics!! :lol:

whats a good site for custom graphics.i want to make a rockstar energy drink themed bike.

how much money are you planning on spending? new frame, forks, engine work, etc? jus sell it and buy a used 150R or 250F

whats a good site for custom graphics.i want to make a rockstar energy drink themed bike.

I'm researchng this subject as well. My findings thus far have been dismal at best. The only "pre-fab" graphics I've found have been from Factory Effex. Kind of nice actually and would work well with my mods...

Rockstar?.... Hmmm.... That draws a blank.... If I find any, I'll post a site for ya...:worthy:

how much money are you planning on spending? new frame, forks, engine work, etc? jus sell it and buy a used 150R or 250F

Thats what I was gonna say. Sell it and get an R.

Thats what I was gonna say. Sell it and get an R.

i got a 07 crf 450r jus want to fix up the 150F for the heck of it

i got a 07 crf 450r jus want to fix up the 150F for the heck of it

Cool. Then I guess just add a flux capacitor. :worthy:

alot depends on how you ride......im gonna go out on a limb here........i wouldn;t spend all the money for new susp if you mostly trail ride. the stock isnt great but better than most stock trail bikes...emulators and a revalve rear are much cheaper and really work greaat for trail riding. the bike really isnt track worthy in my view........great for trails not so great for track. id do the motor . its really slow for anything stock.......even trails....... the extra power make it much more fun........bbr kits are not the most powerful, but give you a great increase for little money and can be done in a day with no extra machining........coe's kits are really good but more expensive.........might be a consideration if you have the extra bucks...... i have 2 set up like i just said[bbr] and are really nice trail bikes.

I'm with some of the other guys. I can't see putting a lot of money into it. You can put $1500 into it and it will still never be as good as a R. I say if you want a bike with more power and a LOT better susupension sell yours and put that $1500 into getting a R.

If your looking for bling just change the graphics and seat cover and be done with it. No matter what you do to it down the line when you sell it you will not come close to getting it out of it.

So I guess tell everyone what your looking for out of the F.

i dont think its a bad idea to fix it up as a playbike........less maint. than the ''r''

more dependable........and totally fine for trails and play......its a fairly low maint throw in back of the truck and go ride kind of bike. better low cost , low maint, play bike than the r........many like these bike because they are hassle free, compared to other bikes we have, that need more attention.....there is alot to be said of a bike that can be grabbed and ridden without going through a half a days check list of maint stuff before you go. even if it aint the fastest or best suspended bike on the planet...........its a play bike and we sometime outsmart ourselves with these things defeating the purpose of having one altogether .

i dont think its a bad idea to fix it up as a playbike........less maint. than the ''r''

more dependable........and totally fine for trails and play......its a fairly low maint throw in back of the truck and go ride kind of bike. better low cost , low maint, play bike than the r........many like these bike because they are hassle free, compared to other bikes we have, that need more attention.....there is alot to be said of a bike that can be grabbed and ridden without going through a half a days check list of maint stuff before you go. even if it aint the fastest or best suspended bike on the planet...........its a play bike.

I'm with you you can run the F out of oil and it will keep running. All I'm saying is I would not put $1500 into fixing a F up because you will never get it out of it.

If your trying to bling it out a little that's another story, but again I would not dump a lot of money into it.

john by bbr kit do you mean the big bore kit? I was asking about these at the dealers and everyone said that they will destroy your motor and you may as well buy a new bike before you bore it. Basiclly everyone told me to stay away from them in one way or another. is this true?