Fischer MX

Anyone have an update on David's plans to open new trck in Jackson area?

last i heard fisher was closed, is he gonna open up a new one?

We are working on openning a new track in Jackson. The dozer is there, and they start bringing the dirt in this week. We are hoping to re-open Fisher MX also. We have a new lawyer!

We are working on openning a new track in Jackson. The dozer is there, and they start bringing the dirt in this week. We are hoping to re-open Fisher MX also. We have a new lawyer!

What happened with Fisher MX?

NIMBY? :worthy:

correct me if i am wrong but i heard it was noise complaints. nothing pisses me off more than people complaining about noise. because of them and the stupid dnr i have been reduced to riding a crf 100 at the mounds. that track in pt huron got closed cause of noise too i think. o well, nobody except me can change my 102db 450 ad it aint gonna happen for a while:ride:

because of them and the stupid dnr i have been reduced to riding a crf 100 at the mounds...o well, nobody except me can change my 102db 450 ad it aint gonna happen for a while

And you're blaming who, again?

And you're blaming who, again?

motocross bikes are loud and people need to accept that, i sure as heck didnt complain to the authorities about port huron, or fisher.

Hey you know what is quiet? The good ole 2 smokers. I was the only bike at motoland at the last race to pass sound.

motocross bikes are loud and people need to accept that, i sure as heck didnt complain to the authorities about port huron, or fisher.

Wow:banghead: . Why do people need to accept your loud motocross bike? Why is your enjoyment of a loud motocross bike more important than my enjoyment of peace and quiet? We are all in this together, there needs to be a certain amount of give and take if you want your riding areas to remain open. Even supercross has started to limit sound.

I want to keep as many riding areas open as possible so I ride a quiet bike. Unfortuneately for me irresponsible people with loud bikes and no brains cast us all in a bad light and make it very easy for the state to close riding areas. Don't give average people a reason to want to shut us down.

Wow:banghead: . Why do people need to accept your loud motocross bike? Why is your enjoyment of a loud motocross bike more important than my enjoyment of peace and quiet?

why are you hanging around a motocross track to seek peace and quiet? lord knows even if my bike was quiet you would still get woken up from your nap:snore:. your right, my enjoyment of a loud bike is not any more important than your enjoyment of peace and quiet. But, if a motocross track is on a piece of property, nobody other than the property owner should have the right to close it. just my $.02.:worthy:

Well put. In my opinion it depends on who was there first. If I have moved into the nice quiet coutryside for peace and quiet I have a problem with someone moving in and affecting my lifestyle through their choice of lifestyle. As long as your keeping your loud bike on existing motocross tracks and not annoying neighbors than you are right, your bike can be as loud as you want.

why are you hanging around a motocross track to seek peace and quiet? lord knows even if my bike was quiet you would still get woken up from your nap:snore:. your right, my enjoyment of a loud bike is not any more important than your enjoyment of peace and quiet. But, if a motocross track is on a piece of property, nobody other than the property owner should have the right to close it. just my $.02.:worthy:

So I can open a pig farm right next to your property upwind - - and you have no problem with that - correct? Because it's on "My Property"?

If only it were that simple - if the piece of property is big enough - then you may be right - but if surrounding property owners are complaining - then it is an issue.

The question ought to be - was the track there and functioning when the neighbors bought their property? If so - They really should have no complaints - (of course thats not the way they see it - people sure airports for noise all the time - after they bought a cheap house - chreap because it was in the flight path).

I race cars all over the US - most tracks require us to pass a sound test - no big deal - if we want to race - we make sure the car meets the requirement - and we get to race - see how simple that is! No bitching, whining, kvetching, just comply with the regs - and race everybody else who also complies! The track stays open - the neighbors are happy - we all get to race - see how much fun it is to get along - except for the moron who tries to beat the sound test - gets pulled off the track at midrace whining AND BITCHING BECAUSE THEY GOT CAUGHT!

Funny how your view of the world changes if the world doesn't revolve around you!

in any case, does anybody know how the track is comming along?