Sign in to follow this  

Trinity's ride report-still snow !

We rode the Trinitys on Sun & Mon .

Sunday we did Bear Hole trail and made a loop to Little Trinity lake only to find as much as 4' of snow covering the road up towards the lookout . That snow may melt by next week if the temps stay up in the 90's . (that might be iffy! )

Monday we attempted to ride the Lave Mtn trail back to Prairie and ran into lots of snow in the trees about 3miles in . Dan R. wanted to press on but I wasn't in the mood to push bikes uphill through 3-4' of snow should we find the trail impassable further down . We turned around and rode the Bear Hole trail again only this time we to the trails to rhe south down to (Park creek?).

Anyway , just wanted anyone planning a ride up there to be aware of the amount of snow that is still there .

Forgot my camera in the truck both days Duh !!!!!!!!!!

Monday we attempted to ride the Lave Mtn trail back to Prairie and ran into lots of snow in the trees about 3miles in . Dan R. wanted to press on but I wasn't in the mood to push bikes uphill through 3-4' of snow should we find the trail impassable further down .

I'd guess if there is alot of snow on that north-facing downhill, there would also be alot of snow on the north facing uphill just past the lake, so you probably made a wise choice. Shoulda started in prairie, lol. I bet sheep creek is a much more reasonable crossing now.

Dan tried to talk me into continuing for 45mins... I wish I had remembered my camera , the amount of snow on the road up top was amazing for this time of year .