Sign in to follow this  

NAPA brake/parts cleaner for cleaning carbs?

I have an 06 yz450f. I have taken the carb out for a thorough cleaning. all I have at home right now is some brake cleaner. I was wondering if this is alright to use or if I should just get some carb cleaner? sadly, at this time, one can of carb cleaner will put a dent in my wallet, this is why i'm asking.

if a $3 can of cleaner hurts how do you put fuel in it???

All i use is brake cleaner too, and use the noname brand too, works well

Where in CA desert are you? you have to be close, im in HD myself, heck ill donate a gal of gas for ya if your close enough and well have a nice ride, OK!

I've used brake cleaner on carbs, neat for blowing out passages; but if there are deposits and varnish the carb cleaner is the stuff that works, not brake cleaner.

if a $3 can of cleaner hurts how do you put fuel in it???

All i use is brake cleaner too, and use the noname brand too, works well

Where in CA desert are you? you have to be close, im in HD myself, heck ill donate a gal of gas for ya if your close enough and well have a nice ride, OK!

im down in the Palm Springs area. the bike is parked at the moment, it desperately needs a chain and sprocket which I also cannot afford. lame I know. I work for my dad's company so I took a huge paycut to help out, and as long as I am paying my bills I am happy.

I have a huge Matco tool box I am in the middle of selling. if that goes through I will eliminate some debt and be back in business.

I am definitely look forward to riding with some of the TT'ers in the future.