2010 hondas

In SCORE racing, anything is possible. Seems 90% of the field are racing the 450X and that should speak volumes in itself. I believe it will be very difficult if not impossible for Honda to introduce another "enduro" bike that will have near the impact of the 450X on the off road world. Might see something like the '09 R with a button and some other mods or maybe a 650X might be in the pipeline.

In SCORE racing, anything is possible. Seems 90% of the field are racing the 450X and that should speak volumes in itself. I believe it will be very difficult if not impossible for Honda to introduce another "enduro" bike that will have near the impact of the 450X on the off road world. Might see something like the '09 R with a button and some other mods or maybe a 650X might be in the pipeline.

Yep, I don't understand how one of Honda's main showcases, if not their main one, could go a year without an entry, or use a last-year's model as an entry; ie: a 2009 X running the 2010 Baja100. The X is the offroad flagship, the R is the track flagship.

Moreover, coming off the legacy of the XR600R's wins, the XR650R's wins, and now the CRF450X's wins....what's the future hold? Should be good... :worthy:

From what I've read on other internet reportings (it must be true then :worthy: ), Honda hasn't finished announcing their 2010 models. I will, however, believe they'll stop X production this year. But so far, the street models, Goldwing aside, haven't been announced. More to come.

KTM cut back on models/production for 2010. I always wondered if years where its BNG, if they just take last years stock,update and release as the "new" model. I think the bike mfgs. are forecasting 2010 as a bad year. Also, to make the 2009 crf450r into a reliable X type model seems like a stretch. Supposedly they are going to have a GNCC team next year. If they use the crf450r as the xc1 bike-I can't imagine. Riding a 2010 crf450 in GNCC, I don't see how...I have yet to see a true woods setup for one.

KTM cut back on models/production for 2010. I always wondered if years where its BNG, if they just take last years stock,update and release as the "new" model. I think the bike mfgs. are forecasting 2010 as a bad year. Also, to make the 2009 crf450r into a reliable X type model seems like a stretch. Supposedly they are going to have a GNCC team next year. If they use the crf450r as the xc1 bike-I can't imagine. Riding a 2010 crf450 in GNCC, I don't see how...I have yet to see a true woods setup for one.

Why would a 450R be any less "woodsable" than a KX450 or YZ450, for example?

Why would a 450R be any less "woodsable" than a KX450 or YZ450, for example?

2009 cr450r has a list of issues-no FWW,tranny,clutch,tank size(not sure about aftermarket) and has been prone to unexplained low speed stall.

KX yz 450 are more like the 08 crf450,except for EFI. Maybe you could make one "woodsable",but have yet to see it. Lot easier to make an X for GNCC. I think Bonds is on a yami now. Also,bonds did have some bike issues with the 09 crf450. If anybody has pictures of an 09 crf450 setup for woods-love to see it.

There are a few issues with the brand new 450R but nothing that can't be overcome for woods racing at least in as much as it would do every bit as good as a YZ, KX, or RM all other factors being equal. Seems logical to expect at least that much from the new design to have ability to cross over to non-MX venues in Pro level racing. Are there any Pro's racing the 450X in WORCS or GNCC? I can't think if a single one off hand.

I think if I were going to set-up a CRF450 for woods stuff it would be an '07 or '08 450R. The X is too heavy, no?

Biggest reason you don't see red at GNCC= honda has no contigency/support. The R is lighter and makes for a good convert. I am sure the new 450r can be made into a woods bike,but have yet to see it. Aftermarket companies han't even shown interest in a woods convert. I did see on the HM italy honda site the new 450R setup for enduro,but nothing in USA. I would like an X based on the 09 450r,but with FWW,a real tank(not this 1.9gal BS),map switch,optional e-start,and beefed up tranny(WR) and clutch.Also gota have a bit bigger rads and increse oil capacity alittle. They talk about revolutionary design,but all they do is keep lessening fluid amounts-not good offroad.

There are plenty of racers in our local series such as TORO who use the 450R. Not a single 450X. A, B and even C riders. That's just Texas. No flat out desert stuff here. Pure woods. Makes a fine woods bike according to them, even to the non-racers I ride with sometimes. I might be the only X in my part of Texas!

Biggest reason you don't see red at GNCC= honda has no contigency/support. The R is lighter and makes for a good convert. I am sure the new 450r can be made into a woods bike,but have yet to see it. Aftermarket companies han't even shown interest in a woods convert. I did see on the HM italy honda site the new 450R setup for enduro,but nothing in USA. I would like an X based on the 09 450r,but with FWW,a real tank(not this 1.9gal BS),map switch,optional e-start,and beefed up tranny(WR) and clutch.Also gota have a bit bigger rads and increse oil capacity alittle. They talk about revolutionary design,but all they do is keep lessening fluid amounts-not good offroad.

I'm in complete agreement with you on this. I get a little pissy about it especially when I know there are so many people who would be riding red if Honda would pay a little attention.:worthy::banana: Could tweak the basic design and sell a ton of them. 450RMX 450RE 450RD or even limited 450R GNCC 450R BAJA 450R blah blah blah. Wouldn't be that hard to do either. Even a factory kit to add to the basic bike would work if it had the right stuff in it. Heck, if you're only going to make one off road bike might as well make it right.:banana: :banana: :banana:

Hey, I spoke to my local honda dealer on saturday and he said "no changes" to the 450 x ,that means no EFI,I don't know how reliable this information is but,that's what he told me.

It has been announced that there will be no 2010 model, but if the global economy doesn't see a substaintial recovery, there may be no 2011 model either?

X will be back. There is talk of a factory GNCC team for 2010. Suzuki just released an RMz450x. Maybe it will be a mid season release. I think kawasaki did that with the klx450(whatever there 450x equivalent is). I think it is good they took a year off. I'd rather they release a late 2010 or 2011 that is all new than rebadged 2009 X's as new 2010. I look at it this way-nobody has released a lightweight 450 for offroad.With the R's development-honda is probably going to bring it over to a new X.