Why dont you race?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I started racing supermoto last year. Got 2 races in this year and our series got shut down by the track :worthy: I could do some harescrambles, still have the dirt wheels, but I'm like the other MO answer here, not motivated to be 2 hours away from home at 7am to register. And I don't have the confidence in my abilities to ride a good pace in the dirt. MX/SX never appealed to me, so it'd have too be through the woods type stuff. Still wanna do supermoto again though.:banana:

me -- To scared to hit a lot of jumps, and why race when I have trails right in my back yard? Not to mention it would be hard convincing my parents to wake up that early. they do let me have track days with friends somethimes though.

too expensive, i dont mid racen, i tried it, and i had a blast, but i just cant afford to do it all the time. i ride my bike everyday since its summer so alot of things wear out faster than some of the older racers who prep their bike all week for the week end, but idk.

I wanted to really badly when i was younger, but now that i could afford to, its the fact that all the guys my age are probably going to be way better than me. I feel like i'm about 10 years behind everyone when it comes to jumping. Other than the jumps, i have no doubt i could keep up elsewhere, whoops, corners ect.

try a hare scramble, they got some woods, but u can find easy ones too that are mainly grasstrack. that basicaly means mx without jumps. and if u are good a trails, then u can do any hare scramble. but some of them are serious ass beaters, so if ur not up for an ass beater, research the race b4 u go.

I race every now and then, but I am just enjoying the freedom of practicing, freeriding, and working on my riding skills. I practice a few times during the week and only race every other month or so. Stepping away from racing has definitely given me time to improve my riding.

I've been racing since I was 5, so I guess I am due a break. I've been racing so long that I can remember watching Carmichael line-up to the gate on his KX 80 before my schoolboy moto. Fast little dude he was.

To all the up and coming riders, don't feel like you have to be at the starting gate every weekend. Taking a break and playriding can help you bond with your bike and make you a better rider. So don't sweat it.

My 13 year old wants to start racing.

1. st. If I were a track owner. I would have some sort of an Ambassador to help new Folks get started in racing.

As it is now, you show up at a track (I guess) and are thrown to the wolves. Where are the sign ups?

When are the race days? Do you have to have an AMA Card? What class to start in? What gate to line up in?

When to line up?

2nd. I would also have a promoter for the sport. Amateur Motocross & Boat Racing suck in the promotion Dept.

Is it a click you have to belong to in order to know when they are racing? Heck, I have to guess when Practice is

At Hangtown. E. Street is a little better for practice days but Race info. Is lacking.

3rd. We are in a dying sport where the Manufactures and AMA do not give a rip. They have given up on Amateurs

Being the future of the sport.

4th. Then you have the money issue. Being in the RE Investment Biz. Some months I have to make 2 or 3 house payments if renters do not pay. OUCH!

Just a few thoughts.

The "quote" function is not working, so I will reply the old-fashioned way.

95843- "Is it a click you have to belong to in order to know when they are racing?"

Kindasorta not really :banana:. You have to get out there and make friends with other racers and parents of racers, track owners, etc.. Strike up conversations...mix it up...get in the loop. If you hang out long enough at your local tracks, you will know what is going on at various tracks far in advance. Sometimes you even find out more than you want to know :worthy:

This is a sad thread.

"I'm scared"

"I don't have enough money"

sounds like a broken record...you all need a waah burger, and some french cries.

Get out there and race!!!!!!!

wow your cool. Im not sure if you noticed but the world isnt full of rich people that can afford to race every weekend. There are people that have financial problems, there are people that dont have permission to do race, and there are people that are afraid to get hurt. If you race good for you but dont go around saying everyone is whining but they dont race.