Sign in to follow this  

2006 WR250 Front Master Cylinder problem

I have a 2006 WR250 and recently serviced the lever for the front master cylinder to adjust the play and lube the fitting. When I removed the lever, a spring jumped out and hit the floor running. Uncharacteristically, I was able to find it on my garage floor. After inspecting the master cylinder, there appears to be two bores / holes where the spring may fit. One is on the right side of the MC the other is on the front of the MC. Both will puch against the lever. The lever also appears to have a recess perfectly crafted for a detent ball bearing. I never saw this piece and could not find one on the floor. I reviewed the parts diagram in the manual for an 06 and an 07 and neither one even shows the spring. I have two questions:

1. Where does the spring go?

2. Is there supposed to be a detent ball bearing?

Thanks for your help.

Michael

I have never seen a ball. The spring goes between the master cylinder and lever. You will see holes in the lever and master cylinder, on the inboard end of the lever. The spring takes the freeplay out.

I amaze myself by finding springs on occasion too, many times at a later date though.