Husky trail tools

Hi,

One thing I really like about the Husqvarna is how many of the fasteners are of a standard size. You can do allot of stuff with 8-10-12mm sockets, 4-5-6mm allen wrenches, and a screw driver. However, there are a few other things that require a different tool, wrench, etc…

I am in the process of putting together a wrap of some tools used for my Huskys when I am out on the trail. So far, I’ve got the above mentioned. What do you guys have in your tool kit that you ride with?

Matt

.........While you're at it replace the front axle nut with a hex version which are available from Uptite or Motosportz.:worthy:

I'll second that. I didn't get w/bike and never did find an allen wrench to fit that stock front nut.

My tool bag has:

(2) Y-wrenches: 8-10-12mm socket & 4-5-6mm allen

small combo tip screw driver

small needle nose vise-grips

Plug wrench & spare plug

spare clutch/brake levers

Combo wrench for rear axle nut and Uptite front axle nut

some zip-ties, electrical tape, safety wire

.....plus I typically have a small Cabela's multi-tool w/LED flashlight

Things I also have in the bag and have never used on the trail are:

Spare master link/clip

Tire irons and small patch/CO2 air kit.

I typically run 6ply tires w/heavy tubes, or will wrap old std tube around new std tube when I change tires......also run Slime in them.

Don't know if the stuff really works on motorcycle tires, but last flat I had was close to 20yrs ago and that was running a std tube in a 2-ply MX tire, w/o slime and w/o any tire repair tools, 15miles back in from the truck......flat thin front tire made for an interesting ride out.

From then on, I decided the minimal effect of a couple extra pounds of unsprung weight is worth not having flats.

I carry a military Camelbak which has large capacity water and backpack. My toolkit has: JB weld, leatherman, small multi screwdriver, spark plug wrench, zip ties, led light, bailing wire, 8, 10, 12mm sockets, short extension and ratchet wrench, 8, 10, 12, 13, 14, 17 mm open end/box wrenches, combo 15/27mm wrench for rear axle, 3, 4, 5 mm hex keys, electric wire, fuses, wire couplers, master link, cotter pins, wrags, sharpie, gaffers tape.

In a separate bag I have two spare tubes, tire patches, wd-40, gloves, pump, tow strap, vulcanizing glue, super glue, valve stem tool, spare valve stems, pressure gauge and a length of fuel line for siphoning.

The top bag in my pack is my medical kit. Top thing in there is a sanitary napkin (to soak up blood), super glue, surgical stapler, antibiotic creme, bandages, sling, ace bandage, alcohol wipes, wound closure kit, iodine, space blanket.

I also have several Cliff bars, wind proof lighter, compass and signal mirror, emergency whistle, kleenex packs, ibuprofen, cash and a pruning saw.

It's a lot of stuff to carry but I tend to ride alone in rugged back country. Most of it I've never needed. When I do need need to do some trail side maintenance it's good to know I can fix most anything short of a catastrophic failure. If it really goes to hell at least I can make fire and have food for a couple of days.

This is it for tools. Pump is attached to the bike & I carry a small box of emergency repair parts. Just do all your bike maintainence with the tools you carry & you'll know you've got everything you need.

th_tools.jpg

Absolutely!

This is it for tools. Pump is attached to the bike & I carry a small box of emergency repair parts. Just do all your bike maintainence with the tools you carry & you'll know you've got everything you need.

th_tools.jpg

Nice tire iron wheel wrenches. Were did you score those? That would lighten my load by one wrench and two irons.