Husqvarna sm510r- opinions please

hi, just joined the forum so id like to say hi to every1. Im looking for some advice- i like the look of the husky 610 and the 510r and was wondering if any of you guys could give me some advice on what they are like before i take the plunge? are they reliable etc.:worthy:

Many thanks -Wayne-

hi, just joined the forum so id like to say hi to every1. Im looking for some advice- i like the look of the husky 610 and the 510r and was wondering if any of you guys could give me some advice on what they are like before i take the plunge? are they reliable etc.:worthy:

Many thanks -Wayne-

My '09 SM510R should be here next week!!

Think of the 450/510 as a CRF450R in terms of maint. Think of the 610 as a DRZ400SM in terms of maint.

what are you going to be doing with it? if you are going to be doing a decently long commute.. get the 610. If it is going to be a play bike the 510 handles better and is a straight up beast. 2nd gear power wheelies just rolling on the throttle. Not very comfortable for 20+ mile commutes on straight roads though. The seat sucks.

I miss mine and will have another one sometime in the future

Thanks guys im going to give my nearest dealer a ring tomorrow,my only concern is reliability but both models have a 2 year warranty so what could go wrong...............:worthy:

Love my 510SMR, don't believe all the maint. hype, I have adjusted 1 valve in 9700 miles, and that was the valve that I tweaked to perfection when the bike was new with a new Hotcams shim, turns out the shim wore out and I put the same size back in to get the right clearance. There are a few problems with the bike, it seems I always want to wheelie or slide the back end in or accel to fast and I'm always looking over my shoulder for flashing lights. Mike

the very first thing as soon as you get it home. I repeat. the very first thing you need to do.

Get out a dremel or some sort of cut off wheel and cut off the bolt that the kick stand spring rotates on.

Get rid of that thing as soon as possible!!!! If not, as soon as you lean the bike a little towards center off of the kick stand, it flings up. That doesn't sound to bad until it is sitting idleing while you put your gear on and vibrates enough for it to happen.

The Hydro clutch perch is about $250. just the lever was about 45.

take the time and hack the bolt off as soon as you get home. if not, the first time that it happens.. and it will... don't bitch cause you were warned.

other than that. great bikes

thanks for advice guys am going to go 4 the 510sm as im getting a good deal on it with my sportsbike as trade in,i've been offered a good deal for a aprillia sxv 450 as well but Husqvarna's the way im going:ride:

Used to own the TE510 and it was a wicked fast bike.

Something you may want to consider

The 610 has a counter balancer which my 510 did not have. The 510 on asphalt at 70mph buzzed so bad I could barely see out of my eyeglasses. Still a great choice but not if you plan on spending long hours in the saddle above 55/60mph

:worthy:

Used to own the TE510 and it was a wicked fast bike.

Something you may want to consider

The 610 has a counter balancer which my 510 did not have. The 510 on asphalt at 70mph buzzed so bad I could barely see out of my eyeglasses. Still a great choice but not if you plan on spending long hours in the saddle above 55/60mph

:worthy:

My '06 SM 510 has a counter balancer.