Never Start Your Bike With Crocs On!!!

haha yall probably remember me from my last post when i cut my foot to the bone from starting my bike with crocs on. well i just got home from the hospital and i was there since monday. i was going into my doctor for a reg checkup on my foot, and he sent me straight to surgery after he saw it. it was infected really bad and when i was in surgery they cut all of the infected skin off my foot, and now i have to get a skin grapht and plastic surgery on it later. and i was on IV's for 3 days straight in the hospital. kinda sucked. so i havent been able to ride in 5 weeks and wont be able to for another 4 weeks. so it kinda ruined my summer.

065.jpg

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never start your bike without boots on, it's the only thing that will save you from being stabbed by your peg or kick starter. I also have a hole in my leg from trying to start my bike with a hiking boot on.

No, never start your bike without leather boots. I tried to start by bike with a pair of nylon fabric hunting boots and have a nice hole in my right boot.

That's nuts, I hope you recover quickly. May this serve as a constant reminder. I'm guilty of trying to start with tennis shoes, just to get it warmed up or to run the engine, no riding. The real problem is the moisture on the bottom of the shoes from walking on the grass.

Wow that really looks bad to get caught on the footpeg. I have started my bike barefoot before, Just didn't go all the way down to the peg, and I always start it with flipflops on when I just want to start it round the house. But this really makes one start to reconsider.

I did have the tip of the kick starter go through plastic shoes before but I wasn't on the peg all the way. Anyway good luck with your recovery.

Crocs are gay, never ever wear them in ANY circumstance.

all kidding aside, glad your ok, hope you heal up well. And to the other dude, if you got that huge gash from starting your bike, you really dont know your own strength. Im assuming you bent the kickstarter and bent the shaft too amirite?

Crocs are gay, never ever wear them in ANY circumstance.

all kidding aside, glad your ok, hope you heal up well. And to the other dude, if you got that huge gash from starting your bike, you really dont know your own strength. Im assuming you bent the kickstarter and bent the shaft too amirite?

+1 Crocs are wicked gay!