Robert Craig - One crazy Mo Foe

Not only is he in a suit for this interview (pre-jump).... but the spelling of evil was "Evel" at the time... and introduced as the "most unusual young man".

... he was truly, a crazy mo foe for his stunts on such limited bikes.

" .... parabolic curve ... rear wheel traction...." Gotta love 1967!!

RIP Evil!

Is there supposed to be a link attached?

where is the pic/vid

Yo?.....

DOH!!!

Not only is he in a suit for this interview (pre-jump).... but the spelling of evil was "Evel" at the time... and introduced as the "most unusual young man".

... he was truly, a crazy mo foe for his stunts on such limited bikes.

" .... parabolic curve ... rear wheel traction...." Gotta love 1967!!

RIP Evil!

priceless, thanks for sharing. Even the wife got a kick out of that one...

so knevel is a made up last name?

He mentioned a parachute and it looked like one on the back of the seat. What was that for?

That was great video. You don't see much of EK as a young man. He was a great American Hero. :worthy:

Oh, and next weekend is Evel Knievel days in Butte, Mont.

http://www.knieveldays.com/

And there will be Supermoto racing.

http://www.whrmotorsports.com/ekdayssupermoto.htm

The opening footage of the Ascot TT was especially cool. Wish we could have seen more of that.

Here's a little more from Ascot. I think this has been posted before.

so knevel is a made up last name?

... I wondered the same thing.

He mentioned a parachute and it looked like one on the back of the seat. What was that for?

It was deployed as he rode to a stop... you can barely see the chute cord dangling in the vid. Must have thought he was going to fast for those old drum style brakes (I remember, they didn't work too good even in the 70s)

pretty good. we jump over a few truck here back in the day but never though of jumping 15. its cool to see that old vintage iron flying through the air.

... I wondered the same thing.

man! thats 2 disappointments in one evening, now they're saying the nasa's trip to the moon was a hoax. damn 60's!

i love the 9teen7d's

Born Robert Craig Knievel

October 17, 1938

Butte, Montana

but the spelling of evil was "Evel" at the time...

RIP Evil!

Great link...thanks! I had everything Evel in the 70's. Lunchbox, toys, etc.

What do you mean "at the time"? As far as I know, he always went by Evel :worthy:

i bet the parachute was just for flair. evel probably thought it made it look more spectacular. for people in the stands who didnt know much about motorcycles he was probably right. i imagine quite a few kids went home and excitedly exclaimed, ...and then he had to use a parachute to stop!

Great find jat:thumbsup: I was a fanatical Evel fan when I was a little nard back in the late 70's/early 80's. I had the bike, suit with cape and would set up these stupid sketchy ramp jumps (to me now but not then at the age of 7) with old air conditioners and junk in the middle and would usually wreck my butt off while trying to clear it but I thought if I kept trying I would one day be the next Evel Knievel which never happened.

The year Evel died my mother-in-law which happened to know Mr.Knievel's agent was setting up the ultimate x-mas present for me which was an one on one meeting with my child hood hero but he died before the encounter took place. The day he died I was totally bummed because the man which had literally made me love anything with two wheels which I could jump had passed away. The day got even worse when my wife told me about the surprise meeting which would now never take place.

I still hold the same passion about motorcycles & bicycles to this day and feel if it were not for Evel doing these insane jumps and speaking to the reporters with such passion about being a daredevil that I may not have built the same passion for offroad sports. Long live the memory of the godfather of Freestyle motorcycling:worthy: