parts counter kills brain cells..

Does standing behind the counter at a Honda shop kill braincells...??

3 weeks now....2 incorrectly placed orders.....for 3, 0 rings...The summer rains are here...and I have no bike because the tattooed, earringed, texting 20 year old behind the counter with a vacant stare cant do his job.

If these people are our future....we are screwed.

before i go in and special order a part at a local shop i have already researched it and got the number in hand ready to go..

and the reason most of the counterheads dont actually know what the hell they are doing.. most got their jobs from their buddies.. if u find a shop that has riders working the counters u would be much happier..

It's not always that way. I have really good shops and some really bad ones around here. I was just telling my wife how knowledgable and helpful the counter guy is where I was picking up parts today (Suzuki, Yamaha, Kawi dealer). When I buy my new road bike in the spring, they are definitely going to get a visit.

Of course, there's a Honda dealer right across town from there that I will NEVER go in again. And the parts "guy" is the owner's son. Two times within about a week I phoned ahead to ask about specific parts for my CR.

The first time I went I had to stand there while he visited with his buddy for 10 minutes (not work related) dropping f-bombs all over the place. Not that I'm offended, but how does he know? Doesn't care. Anyway, he totalled up my order. I said, "Uh, that's not the figure you gave me, you told me "x" dollars on the phone". "DUDE, There's no effin' way I effin't toldjoo dat". Basically, I must be a liar or a moron, I guess. I take it as he's calling me a liar. I don't like it. Then, "Oh....look! See? I only put down one of part number "xyz" and it was supposed to be two of 'em, ha ha. That's why." Duh. No apology, no nothing. Still a clueless douche attitude.

Ok, everybody deserves a second chance. Next time I get there about a week later, well let's just say it's a similar story but too long for typing all the irritating details. But this time he has the wrong part. When I try to explain the part I'm looking for (the nut for the top of the triple clamp, he tried to give me bolts for handlebar mounts...ok....and some other stuff...no big deal). Again, that's ok. But when I told him what part I needed, he again got all defensive and said something like, "Well, YOU DIDN'T SAY THAT ON THE PHONE!". I just looked at him, glanced at the parts on the counter, turned around and slowly walked out of the shop. It's good that he didn't say something else because I was pissed and would have said or done something that would not have helped MY situation. Best to let them go on without even knowing they lost a potential customer forever. I will NEVER go there again. Then I find out it's the owner's son! I'm sure they don't care, but my Honda dealer burned down and I was looking for somewhere to do business. I'm a loyal customer when I'm treated right. I hope their dumpy little shithole goes out of business.

Um...sorry...that wasn't supposed to turn into a rant! And don't think you can't get screwed buying online either....that's another story, though.....

Don't sweat it... I'm raising (4) boys with:

manners

discipline

diligence

give-a-shit mentalities

They're young, but they'll be out there some day. :worthy:

amen! i have 4 boys to (and 2 girls) attitude last around 15 seconds in my house, snap crackle pop!

The closet dealer to me is ridiculous. I go up to there and ask for a transmission oil drain bolt and washer for a CRF250R. He brings out the engine oil drain bolt and I was like no that is the engine oil bolt. He's like "Oh, you wanted the transmission one?" I just said yes even though I was thinking, that's what just asked for isn't it?? Then I needed some feeler gauges since I just got the bike and asked the parts counter guy if the set had all that I needed. He said to go ask one of the service guys and he says ya it will work. I get it home and check to make sure and it doesn't even have one of the clearances! I just thought "ya like im ever going to let these guys ever work on my bike". And on top of that they are asking $5000 for a used 2007 CRF250R!

My local dealer has one good guy who knows his stuff and will even look for something if the computer says it is out of stock, the others were surprised when my dad asked for tow new rim locks. There is usually a line for the good guy even when the others are open.