Sign in to follow this  

green sticker money theft

I'm sick to my stomach with this state and it's hypocrisy.They take green sticker money for the last 20 years,sit on it because they can't agree where and when to spend it for ohv parks.then when they go belley up they take all the money to try and balance the budget.$90 million dollars could have made a nice ohv riding area!

Hypocrisy......... The state of california charges everyone who owns a registered ohv $50 bucks,but yet tells us we can't ride anywhere,and is constantly closing land.I am not paying for a green sticker anymore *&^% them.

Hey, find a big chunk of property that would be good for another SVRA and let the OHMVR Division know about it. The Division wants to open more land but can't locate appropriate property.

Ride on

Brewster

CA...went from surplus to chaos; dmv unchecked gestapo, as well CARB...for us is the CA air resource board...random smog checks on the road in GT, CA, smogging bikes soon, including retro years? Can we please vote on stuff like this? Baja kitted bikes that are plated, but now subject to charcoal cannisters that never existed? ***...Red sticker bikes...

Ride while we can...support clubs, voices, ama, and big money that might keep the pressures of the market to keep the sport/hobby/life going...

CA...went from surplus to chaos; dmv unchecked gestapo, as well CARB...for us is the CA air resource board...random smog checks on the road in GT, CA, smogging bikes soon, including retro years? Can we please vote on stuff like this? Baja kitted bikes that are plated, but now subject to charcoal cannisters that never existed? ***...Red sticker bikes...

Ride while we can...support clubs, voices, ama, and big money that might keep the pressures of the market to keep the sport/hobby/life going...

yep, there have been several threads on this... i say just get out there and ride :worthy::banana:

Hey, find a big chunk of property that would be good for another SVRA and let the OHMVR Division know about it. The Division wants to open more land but can't locate appropriate property.

Ride on

Brewster

Bruce, they'll never find "appropriate" property. How about the HUGE ranch between Tehachapi and Jawbone that was recently sold. We easily could have bought it. But no..... Unbelieveable riding there.

The thing that makes me frustrated is that the fact of the diminishing amount of areas to ride in California is only going to be used AGAINST US in the very near future....

As we know, the LAST thing on the states agenda is to repay is the Green Sticker Fund. Once that amount increases from $90mil, to whatever it becomes(not including interest??), they'll realize (which i'm sure they're doing right about now) that they don't have to repay a fund that no longer exists.

To help them justify that, they'll probably tell the general public,"there's not enough legal areas to ride (...that we can fund. Or- just be cool, and let ya'll ride on), so we can't justify the expense of the entire program"(even though it pays for itself), or something along those lines.

As much as the state liked having a self-sufficient Green Sticker Fund, I'm guessing they'd rather do without it when it's convenient for them. Borrowing 100+mil seems like a convenient time. Add to that the "naturally occurring asbestos", the elusive desert western farting lizard, the Spotted Mojave granite boulder, the evil effects of erosion in a flat desert, and it just seems like we're swimming up a HUGE river (...with SC throwing rocks at us).

Brewster, I'd be curious to hear your opinion on the fate of this $90mil. (Apologies if you've already spoke on the matter in other threads) .

Think we'll see it before all there is left to ride is Gorman and Carnegie?

Think the reason that two of the biggest bike manufacturers arent making "competition-style" dualsports (currently), is cause they're trying to milk the last few years of green sticker, dirt-only bikes, then they'll focus on street-legal and abandon the whole Green Sticker thing? Seems like they'll only really care about continuing to make red-sticker bikes. Have they stepped up their contributions to the land-use fight at all in the last year, that anyone knows of?

I'm real curious to see if there will be a 2015 Green sticker?

News bulletin..... Green Sticker fee increased to $100!! Current fund depleted. We (govt) needs the increae to justify keeping BOTH OHV parks open.

Unfortunatley I think somethnig like this is in my kids future.

we had land near taft,had the allocated money,had the go from the local city council.

The stupid enviromentalists could not agree to it,also 1 land owner.Even people within the greenie ranks could not agree to fight agaisnt taft ohv park.

Have you been there you dumb people? it's not very pretty,my gosh fight for something thats worth fighting for.

Don't mean to sound like i'm whining but i'm tired of the state taking ohv money and then telling us were not good enough to ride on state land.

Brewster, I'd be curious to hear your opinion on the fate of this $90mil. (Apologies if you've already spoke on the matter in other threads) .

Think we'll see it before all there is left to ride is Gorman and Carnegie?

We can most likely kiss that $90 million goodby. There needs to be a legislative action to repay the money. The OHV Fund is still waiting on repayment of money "borrowed" many years ago.

I don't know what is contained in the latest round of our state budget, but so far, there is still money coming in from our registrations and the fuel tax. I think that the SVRAs will survive, but the OHV Grants process may be cut back.............that's just speculation on my part.

Ride on

Brewster

its time to stop paying green sticker money. Use the existing funds and future gas taxes to pay for the existing ride areas. It would take YEARS to use it p this way. But of course it wont happen just like it wont happen that we get a new area in the valley area to ride.

News bulletin..... Green Sticker fee increased to $100!!

Show me where it says that. It that true or did you just make it up?

Went up at the beginning of the year to $52 every two years.

As much as I hate taxes and fees, the $26.00 per year I spend on my green sticker is the best money I spend all year. Unfortunately the State steals it and redirects it to other crap.

I'm sick to my stomach with this state and it's hypocrisy.They take green sticker money for the last 20 years,sit on it because they can't agree where and when to spend it for ohv parks.then when they go belley up they take all the money to try and balance the budget.$90 million dollars could have made a nice ohv riding area!

Hypocrisy......... The state of california charges everyone who owns a registered ohv $50 bucks,but yet tells us we can't ride anywhere,and is constantly closing land.I am not paying for a green sticker anymore *&^% them.

You said it man. THis whole thing is crap. We're almost being forced to ride illegally on our own public land.

anybody know the fine amount for no green sticker?

I wonder if a judge would understand?kinda like paying for car tags and not having any public roads to drive on.:worthy:

anybody know the fine amount for no green sticker?

I wonder if a judge would understand?kinda like paying for car tags and not having any public roads to drive on.:worthy:

Plate your bikes and quit paying places like Hollister ! theres no support from them ,why should we give them our money?

Show me where it says that. It that true or did you just make it up?

Went up at the beginning of the year to $52 every two years.

As much as I hate taxes and fees, the $26.00 per year I spend on my green sticker is the best money I spend all year. Unfortunately the State steals it and redirects it to other crap.

It is sarcasm that will turn into a reality.

he means whats to come in the future,

Thanks Mike.