Ktm 350 Sxf??

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
Is that ignition cover not normal XC item?

Why are we stating that its a 350?

Glad to see them openly showing a linkage chassis, they are a couple decades overdue

A couple of decades ago, all KTM mx bikes had linkage suspensions.

• 1 month later...

The bike looks sweet...but here is my question....Is this going to be a better buy than just getting the after market cylinder to convert a 250 sx-f into a 350?

Either way I am glad to see a 350, I think I found my next bike.

The bike looks sweet...but here is my question....Is this going to be a better buy than just getting the after market cylinder to convert a 250 sx-f into a 350?

Either way I am glad to see a 350, I think I found my next bike.

oem is usually better than a conversion...........the factories spec everything to work in sync ........ i had a big bore 250f and did not like it.......felt awkward and not balanced......powerband was really short and the vibration was worse than my 450

oem is usually better than a conversion...........the factories spec everything to work in sync ........ i had a big bore 250f and did not like it.......felt awkward and not balanced......powerband was really short and the vibration was worse than my 450

My converted '08 HTRacing KTM 350 (with the super CNC porting) currently has 2,800 reliable, trouble-free miles (128 hrs) on it. The engine is very smooth and docile in the twisties. In impromptu drag races, it has beaten every 300, 360, 380, 450, 520, and 525 it has come up against. It even out-pulls high geared 520 and 525's on the top end. Thus far, the only bikes to out-pull the 350 have been a built-up 540 and a Thumper Racing 570. The bike is supremely well balanced and light handling. While I never rode the bike as a 250, the 350 seems as though it 'revs to the moon'. The total cost for the conversion was way less than $9K (including the cost of a new '08 KTM XCF-W), probably less than the cost of the new factory 350.

My converted '08 HTRacing KTM 350 (with the super CNC porting) currently has 2,800 reliable, trouble-free miles (128 hrs) on it. The engine is very smooth and docile in the twisties. In impromptu drag races, it has beaten every 300, 360, 380, 450, 520, and 525 it has come up against. It even out-pulls high geared 520 and 525's on the top end. Thus far, the only bikes to out-pull the 350 have been a built-up 540 and a Thumper Racing 570. The bike is supremely well balanced and light handling. While I never rode the bike as a 250, the 350 seems as though it 'revs to the moon'. The total cost for the conversion was way less than $9K (including the cost of a new '08 KTM XCF-W), probably less than the cost of the new factory 350.
first go ride a 250 for comparison and

a 350 will not pull those bikes you mentioned with equal riders.........simple math ........the torque #'s alone on a 450- 525 would kill the 350..........i have an 09kx450 that i will drag race you on for pinks if you like!:busted:

a 350 will not pull those bikes you mentioned with equal riders.........simple math ........the torque #'s alone on a 450- 525 would kill the 350..........i have an 09kx450 that i will drag race you on for pinks if you like!:banana:

I will be the first to admit that at 155 lbs dry weight, I have a decided power to weight advantage over most of my riding buddies. Nonetheless, the 350 is a spectacular, surprising little engine.

P.S. I would love to run through the gears against your KX450. :busted:

a 350 will not pull those bikes you mentioned with equal riders.........simple math ........the torque #'s alone on a 450- 525 would kill the 350..........i have an 09kx450 that i will drag race you on for pinks if you like!:busted:

You are right, i have beat guys on CR500s in drag races with my 2001 CR125R back in the day (what's that 8 years ago?), all it is was technique.

I will be the first to admit that at 155 lbs dry weight, I have a decided power to weight advantage over most of my riding buddies. Nonetheless, the 350 is a spectacular, surprising little engine.

P.S. I would love to run through the gears against your KX450. :busted:

yeah, again equal riders no way...your 350 would get smoked........guessing your bud's are overweight average vet riders

yeah, again equal riders no way...your 350 would get smoked........guessing your bud's are overweight average vet riders

Facts are facts. Shifting gears in a a straight line race does not take a whole lot of 'technique'.