Sign in to follow this  

FTW! $47.98ea dunlop 208 sm!!! sale!

i bought a couple to put up in the loft.$56 with shipping.certified by the cboa.they are fine for street duty/commuting.i got 6k mi on my last rear.

I agree, they're awful tires. Perhaps the worst stock tires I've ever been on in the past 25 years. I switched to Pilot Powers, couldn't be happier.

I am sure they are better tires out there available, but seriously if that is the worst stock tire you've ever had on your wheels, you either were lucky or you haven't seen much ... I don't mean it in a bad way, but the stock tire is just fine. The best? ... no, not by a mile, but certainly OK for the average street rider and that's what the tire was intended for.

I am sure they are better tires out there available, but seriously if that is the worst stock tire you've ever had on your wheels, you either were lucky or you haven't seen much ... I don't mean it in a bad way, but the stock tire is just fine. The best? ... no, not by a mile, but certainly OK for the average street rider and that's what the tire was intended for.
Das wat eyem sayen!:worthy:

:banana: :banana:

I never had problems with my 208's but I wouldn't buy them again. My riding is to hard on those tyres and wouldn't last long enough for that cost.

over $100 is free shipping, just order something else that you've needed

Yup, free shipping over $100, but they still charge $8 oversize fee and tax. Even though they ain't the best tire, $60 or so ain't that bad. I know I won't feel bad drifting that back tire now for that price.

I've been running the stocker and have 3,800 miles total. No issues, although I wouldn't feel comfortable leaning to the point I'm dragging a peg.

The problem is I only need tires! :banana:

LoL!!

If I'm not mistaken, you can go in your local Cycle Gear and order these tires, and they should give them to you for the same intronet price. In your case Paul, since you live in Fontucky, CA, you'll probably have to pay for tax. They normally can transfer them in to your local CG store at no extra charge. :worthy:

LoL!!

If I'm not mistaken, you can go in your local Cycle Gear and order these tires, and they should give them to you for the same intronet price. In your case Paul, since you live in Fontucky, CA, you'll probably have to pay for tax. They normally can transfer them in to your local CG store at no extra charge. :worthy:

No kidding? They'll swap tires for no extra charge? If that's the case I'll go down and get one this weekend. I think there's a store in Corona or something like that.

No kidding? They'll swap tires for no extra charge? If that's the case I'll go down and get one this weekend. I think there's a store in Corona or something like that.

Perhaps I should've made myself more clear. Sorry!:banana:

I meant, if your local CG store does not have the tire/item in stock, they'll transfer it from one location to another at no cost to you. That way you don't have to pay for shipping. :worthy:

my order was confirmed.

i know they aren't the best, but now I don't have to hold back from sliding my bike into my parking space like a bmx bike.

I'm sure there are other SM riders here that will tell stories about their 208SM's being very unpredictable and sliding out when they least expected it. I experienced that myself.

The tires are probably fine for commuting but I stick to my statement that they were the worst stock tires I've ever had. Maybe 8 bikes in 25 years wasn't enough to find even worse tires.

only tire i've ridden on sending picking up my used drz in May. Rear is worn already, so will go w/ another 208 until front has enough wear to go w/ new rubber front / rear. Cycle gear charged me $4 bucks to ship from their CA warehouse to redwood city shop. Great price considering i'm running on a worn rear.

Perhaps I should've made myself more clear. Sorry!:banana:

I meant, if your local CG store does not have the tire/item in stock, they'll transfer it from one location to another at no cost to you. That way you don't have to pay for shipping. :worthy:

Just got back from CG and spoke to a representative about the D208sm tire that's on sale. :banana:

He said that the cheapest way to get them is to order them through the internet/mail order. :banana:

He said that if it's not a stock item, they will have to order them, and end up costing the same in-store retail price. :banana:

So, if you want this tire, order it through the internet/mail order before they're gone.:banana:

Is it while supplys last knd of thing?

Is it while supplys last knd of thing?

I have a feeling it is.

Dunlop is probably discontinuing that particular model. They should, IMO. Or, maybe their just "old stock," and needed to be moved. I just can't believe that these O.E. replacement rubbers retailed for $200+. I sure hope they didn't serious think every DR-Zsm owners out there would actually put these replacement tires back on their bike for that price?!!:worthy:

U never know. For that price I'm sure a few riders might just order a few to keep in stock. If I had any spare cash I'm sure I would just to have as commuters and Friday nite burnouts. But after paying 85 smacks for my shinko and lovng it I would rather spend the extra cash.