Sign in to follow this  

Seat firmness question

no experience with guts, but I LOVE the Enduro Engineering KTM soft seat. Its good for short guys like me too...helps with the reach. Mines a few years old and it is still in great shape too. Gordo

gonna try to resurrect this thread :lol: I am 6'2/195lbs and notice my 2002 CR250 seat makes my tail bone sore after a couple hours also. I ride technical trails, hill climbs, and desert. I'm thinking about getting a GUTS tall & soft but wasn't sure if it would be TOO soft, my friend thinks I should get the medium,, but the soft sounds so comfy! :banana:

gonna try to resurrect this thread :lol: I am 6'2/195lbs and notice my 2002 CR250 seat makes my tail bone sore after a couple hours also. I ride technical trails, hill climbs, and desert. I'm thinking about getting a GUTS tall & soft but wasn't sure if it would be TOO soft, my friend thinks I should get the medium,, but the soft sounds so comfy! :banana:

because it is:thumbsup:

I am 6'1" and 225 and I have a gutz soft high with a hump. People ride my bike and tell me it's not fair that I get to ride on a couch. The down side is you get lazy and don't stand as much as you should . I like it but it will just come down to figuring out what you are willing to try. The drilling holes in the foam is the cheapest and maybe the easiest unless you just buy a seat and bolt it on. With the high seat and soft foam it feels like the seat is the same height when you sit on it but it just sinks in more. I like the hump just make sure you give yourself a little leeway in placement for when you use some english and hold your butt further out while riding. If you want to see the seat go to my TT garage and check out my pictures. I have an 01 cr 250 so I think the seat is generally the same.

I am 6'1" and 225 and I have a gutz soft high with a hump. People ride my bike and tell me it's not fair that I get to ride on a couch. The down side is you get lazy and don't stand as much as you should . I like it but it will just come down to figuring out what you are willing to try. The drilling holes in the foam is the cheapest and maybe the easiest unless you just buy a seat and bolt it on. With the high seat and soft foam it feels like the seat is the same height when you sit on it but it just sinks in more. I like the hump just make sure you give yourself a little leeway in placement for when you use some english and hold your butt further out while riding. If you want to see the seat go to my TT garage and check out my pictures. I have an 01 cr 250 so I think the seat is generally the same.

Sweet bike, thanks for the input guys. Now I just need to decide bump or no bump :banana: