Sign in to follow this  

ktm 250sxf or kx 250f

am 6' 1" 220 lbs, i know am a little big for a 250f. i have owned many 450's. they just seem to ware me out so i want to give the smaller bikes a chance.

1. well a 250f pull me around

2. i have never owned a ktm but many kawasakis. i think for my size the ktm would be better and is the bike am leaning towards but the kx is $700 less.

they are both brand new 2009

I'm the same height and 15lbs lighter. My 250 has no issues pulling me around the track. I just had Thumper Racing put a 300 big bore kit in it and its almost perfect. I has more grunt now but still has all the good traits of a 250. I've never ridden a four stroke kawi so I can't compare the two.

I am/was kinda stuck in the same position.

I absolutely love my KTM and the KTM 250SXF's BUT there is a very kind dealership willing to give me a ride for 2010, or I can pick up a leftover 09 for 7400 OTD Canadian.

KTM's fit tall guys, have great parts, have great reliability.

Kawasaki's are suppose to fit tall people well (I've ridden a 08 and it was ok) I dunno about their stock components and don't know about their reliability.

...I'm not much help am I?

thanks for the input

i will probebly get the ktm.

since i weight 220 lbs do i need to gear down and get heavier springs

i have had both, i currently ride a ktm 250sxf and i am 6 2' 205. i would have to say that the ktm is much easier to work on, when checking the plugg you dont have to pull off the gas tank like the kawi. the air filter is easier to change to. I have rebuilt both of the bikes and the ktm is built with alot better quality parts. so if you are looker for a better quality bike that is easy to fix the go with the ktm.

thanks for the input

i will probebly get the ktm.

since i weight 220 lbs do i need to gear down and get heavier springs

Yes, change the springs and put a 49 or 50t on the back!

thanks guys, i just picked up my 2009 ktm sxf.

rode it for the first time last night. since i have ridden 450's for the last couple of years the bike seems a little down on power. not compared to other 250's though. would a pipe help out and what would be the best one

thanks would a pipe help out and what would be the best one

For the money a 300BB kit is a way better value than a pipe. It's cheaper than a full exhaust system and you'll get a difference that you don't have to "think" you feel, you'll "know" you feel it. It has the biggest affect in the low to mid area and makes the bike easier to ride for us non-pros.