How do YOU clean your bike?

Using the garden hose, spray off all the chunks of mud, etc., while it's still wet, spray the entire bike with Shout laundry pre-cleaner and let it soak for 20-30 minutes. Spray everything with garden hose again. You will be amazed how clean your bike is. ?:worthy:

Ok i am going to admit trying the shout. :ride: it actually worked great!!!

I have used simple green for quit awhile now & compared to shout it doesn't stand a chance :banana:

I let it sit for about 5min and all the grunge from the chain lub/wax & eveything else is gone without an effort. It even removed the stain that developes from chain lube/wax on your sprocket and hub. No pressure washer just the spray from a garden hose :ride:

• Like 1

Oh yeah, i forgot to say that i use a leaf blower to dry it off.

Ha Ha! I do the same thing. I think the neighbors wonder what in the heck I'm doing, but it works. I also spin the rear tire (with bike on stand of course) with my foot to move the chain while I run the leaf blower on it--gets the chain dry so I can spray chain wax on right after cleaning.

Well I actually read all these posts haha, because I enjoy washing my bike just as much as I ride.

Best way I find to clean it is:

-Simple Green for the tough grease grime and dirt

-Dishwashing Soap generally for the plastics

-Have a good brush and sponge

-WD 40 for anything that will rust

-Mop n Glo for the plastics to keep them shining

-A drill with a wire brush to keep the motor looking brand new

KEEP THAT CHAIN LOOKING NEW BY:

have the bike on the stand, start it and put it in gear with the rear tire off the ground. Near the front sprocket I press a hard Bristled brush and spray the chin with WD 40 to remove all the grime and Dirt. Once the Chain is back to looking new keep it going until its dry. Apply your chain wax ?

Now the bike is clean you can polish any aluminum parts with some mothers polish and get them shining like chrome!!!

Time Spent each weekend washing... about 3 hrs

Ok i am going to admit trying the shout. ? it actually worked great!!!

I have used simple green for quit awhile now & compared to shout it doesn't stand a chance :banana:

I let it sit for about 5min and all the grunge from the chain lub/wax & eveything else is gone without an effort. It even removed the stain that developes from chain lube/wax on your sprocket and hub. No pressure washer just the spray from a garden hose :worthy:

Glad to hear you checked it out, it's great stuff!:ride: :ride:

I use a pressure washer (I never use it full blast though) and ZEP TNT. In my experience TNT mixed with water 1 part TNT to 10 parts water works way better than straight simple green without damaging any aluminum or anodized parts. The other up side is that since it should be cut with so much water, a 5 gallon pail lasts forever, so in the end it costs much less than any other cleaner I've found.

I use SOS pads (the ones with soap inside) on the frame, chain, sprocket, swingarm, and linkage to make them look brand new again. When I'm done and the bike is dry I spray turtle wax F21 on the plastics and then wipe it off. Then I break out the aluminum polish for any parts I want shiny (subframe, kickstarter, brake pedal, levers, shifter, etc). If I have time I touch up any nicks in my rims with a permanent marker, and then wax the rims.

People always ask me if my 06 is a new 09. They never believe that I've been on the same bike for 4 seasons.

50021.jpg

NICE!!!!

I use:

Simple Green in a bucket with water.

Pressure wash all mud off.

Simple Green let sit for 5 min

Wash off.

Repeat the simple green again.

Wash off.

I use some kind of Boat Shiner on the frame to get it looking good.

Wipe off with towel.

Take tooth brush and simple green and get in places in the motor, and spokes.

Either your bike is still dirty for $1.50 wash, or the car wash you go to is cheap as all hell. Any car wash I see doesn't even turn on until you cram $2.00 in it, then you only get 4 minutes. Not possible for me to clean my bike properly in 4 minutes.

I bought a 2900psi Husky Power washer. Kicks ass on the bike, cars, house, fence. It is useful on more things other than my bike ;-)

an that annoying cat that always hangs around the garage hahah it always comes back for more too stuipid cat

i just use the presure washer and make sure to stay away from seals... i really dont care how my bike looks for the most part... i find it pointless to clean every spec of dirt off just to jump into a mud puddle the next day, thats just me though, im not a clean freak by any means.... only thing i spend time cleaning is my truck because it is the most expencive thing i own and i want it to look good

Like this:

Stuff049.jpg

Stuff054.jpg

Stuff045.jpg

Stuff046.jpg

Stuff041.jpg

Stuff044.jpg

That's after many, many, many hard miles and hours. Not bad if you axe me. That's purely keeping up on it and making sure to clean everything well after each ride. ?

My typical routine consists of a spray down with sinmple green, a power washer, a good drying and some mother's polish.

power wash all the big mud stuff, i personally don't believe power washing has a big negative impact (just plug you're pipe and airbox)

after the powerwashing, i bring out the car wash to get all the fine dirt off.

after this step i used some plastic shiner to buff out some small scratches and gives it a beautiful shiny finish.

then of course i degrease my hubs, spokes and rims...i'm not sure if you're supposed to do that but i don't care cause it's works awesome for me for the past 7 years