My converted box trailer..short story of pics

20' car hauler beavertail started out as a standard plywood box.

Here's the overall view...has an added 54" side door on drivers side.

1d6b8267.jpg

I had the floor coated by local Line-X guy. I added a 4" high curbing made of 3/8" ply and filled all the holes/sanded the deck

ab709924.jpg

e87709e3.jpg

Next was covering the plywood with FRP. That's the commercial grade fiberglass panel..this is the smooth wall type.

You can spray paint on the walls and use carb cleaner to wipe off. Puncture resistant too!

Also added some cabinets from Moduline, light weight and super strong aluminium cabs!!!

26140d05.jpg

Also added a fold down work bench and not seen in the pic is the door mounted work station.

E-track for the walls is on and not installed yet is the full length E track for the floors.

I added some low voltage circuits and some line voltage ones too.

Generator is going into a tongue box in the very near future..Now I can haul as many bikes as I care for and still get a modest race car inside!?

8cf61b39.jpg

4b51753b.jpg

It's plain Jane on the outside and secret lab on the inside. I can pressure wash floor, walls and cabinets..total capacity after changes..6500lbs:thumbsup:

• Like 2

Nice trailer Mike!!!

What did the whole thing cost you?

Holy crap..don't ask!!!:worthy:

The flooring was 1400

The FRP material, special ordered from Texas and dropped shipped to my door was 700

The cabinets/counter top and work stations were around 3000

I fabricated countless bits, pieces and parts.

...plus countless trips to hardware store and bags of bolts sprinkled about.

I have all stainless bolts,washers and aviation lock nuts for E track..

Trailer was/is brand new..about 5 miles on it..I doubled the cost with interior changes. It replaces our POS Weekend Warrior bent frame, leaky turd!

I have some more pics and stuff to do...has to wait..trailer gets loaded right now and is off to Bonneville for Speedweek!?

Yes..I finished it today too:busted:

looks awesome but, whats with the door over the wheels ?? did i miss something ?? lol just curious

Have you ever been inside a box trailer when it's 110 out side and zero shade?

The door is for the illusion of any chance cooling effect...that and I can always make it into a taco truck later!

• Like 1

Have you ever been inside a box trailer when it's 110 out side and zero shade?

The door is for the illusion of any chance cooling effect...that and I can always make it into a taco truck later!

ahhhhhh the hopeful cross ventilation huh. any future plans to add an a/c unit ??

the taco truck comment made me ?