Sign in to follow this  

How Many To Fix A Honda?

and a strap wrench was made out of a tow strap to hold the basket.

Next time, put a penny, rag, glove between the ring gear and idler gear. No need for a special tool. :thumbsup:

yeah right, the Honda XR is nothing more then a chick bike.

Says the fairy in a kayak.:thumbsup: Real men canoe.:worthy:

Elitist euro trash.

So how many guys does it take to fix a Honda out on the trail? Well really just one, but it takes a crowd to give a Honda guy a bunch of grief about "Honda Reliability" (and to supply enough tools to get the job done). :D

howmanyh.jpg

and this wasn't you're basic trail repair, it was more like a bit of minor surgery. :thumbsup:

repairp.jpg

What a unique situation here too. This exact spot on the trail, a pretty rocky little hill climb (High Sierra granite), knocked the chains off of three bikes in about an hour. First was Sharpie1's Husky in our group, then this Honda, but his thrown chain caused extra damage, and then while the Honda was getting all this attention a Yamaha threw it's chain there too. All got back on the trail, and this Honda didn't have any problems hauling past us a little later. :)

To my audience of strangers..... Thanks for the props and the tools.... Sorry for the slow response to your account of the trail infraction! I am THE GUY. There is a little extra to add to the story following the repair. Can you say the clutch wont release with a missing spring!!! That makes for interesting situations on top of boulders going down hill.. But, no problems other that that and the 4 day ride was awesome. Thank you Don Ivan. You guys were great. You actually made the whole situation fun - not stressfull...... East Oakland Moto Bro - King of the High Sierras :worthy:

WEAK!

You CAN'T **** with an XR - bulletproof

AND CRF's only downfall are the valves which WON'T be a problem on the trail, only in the garage.

Hondas - Have 2, Love them both!

Bow down bitches!

I like this guy :thumbsup::worthy:

what valve problem?...

it threw a chain? hows that hondas fault? to much power? :thumbsup:

pretty cook pic tho..

To my audience of strangers..... Thanks for the props and the tools.... Sorry for the slow response to your account of the trail infraction! I am THE GUY. There is a little extra to add to the story following the repair. Can you say the clutch wont release with a missing spring!!! That makes for interesting situations on top of boulders going down hill.. But, no problems other that that and the 4 day ride was awesome. Thank you Don Ivan. You guys were great. You actually made the whole situation fun - not stressfull...... East Oakland Moto Bro - King of the High Sierras :worthy:

Glad we could help. I put some new forks on my WR this past weekend and that new-fangled axle wrench works great! :thumbsup:

Yeah, that was pretty funny. What are the odds that 3 different makes of bikes and riders would throw a chain on the exact same rock within an hour? :smirk:

I guess my odds at winning the lottery just went up since I had first hand knowledge of this glorious event! :ride:

What was it his friend said:

H anging

O ut

N ot

D oing

A nything

:thumbsup::worthy::) Flame on bitches!

BTW-it took a Yamaha Axle wrench to get the 27mm nut off the clutch basket. :lol:

If I remember right Yamaha's get trailered back more the Honda. :p

ba5.jpg

Only about 50 miles out in Baja we had to trailer back 2 yamaha's and one husky. Most bikes on the ride were Honda and they all made it back. :banana:

The nice thing about this thread it shows that the Honda might break down, but don't have to be towed or carried out by Hondas. :D

ktm1wu1.jpg

ktm2qf4.jpg

ktm3on2.jpg

We will be back in the Sierras on 8/22 - 8/23, Leaving from Cooks station off of HWY 88 Saturday moring & ending @ Bear valley resort Saturday night....Returning to Cooks on Sunday.:)

I assume coming up from Bear river, across squaw, down horse, then ride the highway to red lake, cut across forestdale creek to blue lakes, then over to Hwy. 4 then to Bear valley? Coming back the same way on Sunday?

PM me if you want to hook up with the real high sierra crew not some wanna be bay area bros. :D:p:thumbsup::worthy:

I assume coming up from Bear river, across squaw, down horse, then ride the highway to red lake, cut across forestdale creek to blue lakes, then over to Hwy. 4 then to Bear valley? Coming back the same way on Sunday?

PM me if you want to hook up with the real high sierra crew not some wanna be bay area bros. :D:p:worthy::)[/quote]

If you're taking this route, I was up at Red lake a few weeks ago and this section had a lot of quad-tards (in the truest form of the word) on it and there are a lot cars that drive this section so, be careful.:thumbsup: