WR-250R FMF Power Programmer Settings for Power

As you might have read in the Hard Starting WR-250R thread, my PClll, which was working wonders for power and throttle response, suddenly decided it wasn't going to work anymore.

So, while that's been sent off to Dynojet Research for warranty repairs, I just got an FMF Power Programmer.

Since I was riding my WR for a couple of days with the stock (Yamaha factory) fueling (felt very lean compared to the PClll), installing the FMF PP without even fooling around with the settings brought the bike back up to something livable in the throttle response dept.

However, I know that you can change settings with the buttons and LEDs on the unit, and I'm ready to start playing with it.

My question is:

What's the settings that work for power and throttle response.

I'm after off-road performance and don't care about fuel economy or miles per gallon.

My mods to the bike are:

*Deflappered airbox

*FMF Powerbomb header and Q4 muffler

*12/45 sprockets ๐Ÿ‘

As you might have read in the Hard Starting WR-250R thread, my PClll, which was working wonders for power and throttle response, suddenly decided it wasn't going to work anymore.

So, while that's been sent off to Dynojet Research for warranty repairs, I just got an FMF Power Programmer.

Since I was riding my WR for a couple of days with the stock (Yamaha factory) fueling (felt very lean compared to the PClll), installing the FMF PP without even fooling around with the settings brought the bike back up to something livable in the throttle response dept.

However, I know that you can change settings with the buttons and LEDs on the unit, and I'm ready to start playing with it.

My question is:

What's the settings that work for power and throttle response.

I'm after off-road performance and don't care about fuel economy or miles per gallon.

My mods to the bike are:

*Deflappered airbox

*FMF Powerbomb header and Q4 muffler

*12/45 sprockets ๐Ÿ‘

Here ya go

3 5.5 2.5 8 4 4.5

Now go have fun!

Has anybody else tried settings on their FMF unit with small values in modes 4, 5, and 6?

This morning, I set mine to:

3 5.5 2.5 1 1 1

The result felt great with a more instant response whenever the throttle was opened. ๐Ÿ‘

I used the .5 settings in modes 4, 5, and 6 today, and I like it very much.

Gives great response.

I increased mode 2 (fuel added for acelleration) up a couple notches to about 6.5 (I say "about" because I forgot the exact setting) as well, and it felt better, still.

Feels stronger when you open the throttle and added some oomph in the middle RPM, something that's very welcome.

I wish I'd written them down (I'll double-check tomorrow morning), but my current settings are approximately:

3 6.5 3 .5 .5 .5

i am very interested in getting the fmf programmer and curious what each mode does/is. can someone give a brief (or detailed) description of each mode, if its not to much to ask. also if you post mode values, can you please tell us if you ride an r or x. thanks

Mode 1 (green) - represents the amount of fuel added under cruise conditions.

Mode 2 (yellow) - represents an additional amount of fuel added during acceleration.

Mode 3 (red) - represents an additional amount of fuel added during full throttle.

NOTE: When it says "fuel added" it means the amount of fuel over and above what the factory setting for fuel delivery is under these conditions.

Mode 4 ( green/blue) - is an adjustment to determine the point on the RPM range when mode 1 kicks in. Settings range from 1000 RPM up to 2800 RPM.

Mode 5 (yellow/blue) - is an adjustment to determine the time when Mode 2 kicks in. You are basically adjusting the sensitivity of when this happens (ie. sooner or later).

Mode 6 (red/blue) - is an adjustment to determine the time when Mode 3 kicks in. Again, you are adjusting the sensitivity of when this happens (ie. sooner or later).

I ride an X with the numbers I posted in the above post. Although I am about the do some experiments with those numbers now that I have changed to 13/40 gearing. Stock gearing was great with the above numbers.

I just did a little tweeking of my settings after reading your post about lowering the last three numbers. I wanted to do some changes anyhow because of the new 13/40 gearing I installed. I ended up with these numbers and the bike is super quick now. Throttle response is much better in the upper gears by boosting Mode 2 a little, and with a lower number for Mode 5. Actually throttle response is better in all gears at all speeds. I like it! ๐Ÿ‘

3 5 1 8 1 4.5

WRX with FMF Q4, Powerbomb & major airbox mods.