Sign in to follow this  

an inspiring video

dr650 runnin with the big dogs. Doesn't look like they were holding back much.

If anyone has a similar video post it.

I ride with road bikes.

I dont do the foot out motard style, at those speeds though.

Its interesting to watch another riding with road bikes taking the different lines required through the corners.

When the road gets twisty and rough the DR gets going.

I have a Dunlop 606 on the back of my bike so it doesn't like extreme leans, however once this tire wears out I'll go back to a rounded tire so I can lean and take turns with more confidence. With street tires getting a knee down on tight twisties is probably possible. At low speed twisties the bike is great, thanks to the wide handlebars which gives incredible leverage over a sportbike allowing you to turn in quickly, but on the high speed sweepers, the DR gets loose and it's hard to stay steady and that's when you realize your on a Dual Sport, not a Sportbike.

Man! They're all over the road! ...cool video. Were those two DR's? One black and one blue?

dr650 runnin with the big dogs. Doesn't look like they were holding back much.

If anyone has a similar video post it.

You're kidding right? Those riders are the ones you read about; killing themselves. Crossing the DY like that is asking to be a hood ornament on a cement mixer. This inspires you to do what?:thumbsup:

yeah, organ donors. they keep doing this on the road instead of the track and the locals will be reading the newspaper and talking bout the adrenaline junkies who got hit and smeared all over the road.

sure looks like fun. you know what? i am a hypocrite, also.

TT

That vid actually made my hands sweat... I thought for sure I'd see a head on between a car and one of those bikes! It got way too close several times.

i was just impressed that a dr was keeping up with the streetbikes.

if you thought was crazy, try to stay calm during this one. not a dr but crazy none the lass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViwaepHyPxY&feature=channel_page

or this one

i don't think it's right to ride like this on the street but, the little devil in me gets it's fill watching these jokers.

if you thought was crazy, try to stay calm during this one. not a dr but crazy none the lass.

No shit, those dudes really are crazy! You can't go wrong with pulling a wheelie everytime they pass a car!

If they keep that shit up their next rides will be wheel chairs controlled by a tube in their mouths.... idiots.

I agree. These are clearly good riders but,

>No Gear

>No respect for the people they may startle as they make clearly inappropriate passes, and the incidents that could result, involving someone's wife and kids

>Unfortunately, they likely enjoy state funded health care, so others will bear the responsibility for their actions

>Ultimately are the bad apples that give all of us a bad name

..............or this one

i don't think it's right to ride like this on the street but, the little devil in me gets it's fill watching these jokers.

Reminds me of why I sold my sportbike. Probably the single best thing I've done to help improve my life expectancy.

question...why does the guy on the DR stick his leg out "motard style"...i mean...what advantage does this give? Seems silly on the street

inspiring, i'm inspired to run theyre dumbasses over

and so is every cager, we all better lookout because of dumbasses like these

think before you post

so you would actually try to kill them? really? you might think before you post!

those guys were obviously not very good riders, their line choice was piss poor at best. they were clearly idiots.

and i'm not the fastest guy in the world, but i sure as hell know that i could outrun a big single on pretty much any "sport" bike out there, given that terrain.