J&E HC Piston and Web Cam

Just my luck, after buying the 223 and being happy with it, I now have to buy the new grind knowing its a further improvement, AAHHHHH it never ends.

Well it'll be easy to get rid of your 223 cam.

Postage to NZ? :busted:

Well it'll be easy to get rid of your 223 cam.

Postage to NZ? :busted:

Haha I like your enthusiasim, we might be able to do a deal of some sort, but you will have to wait till I bite the bullet and make the purchase of the new cam, which probley wont be that far away knowing my impulsive behaviour.

I can see Jeff from Pro cycles now, rubbing his hands together thinking Iv'e got this sucker again hehehe.

You have'nt got a mint 01-02 GSXR 1000 muffler your interested in swaping have you ????

Postage to NZ? :thumbsup:

Haa, bloody hell Nordie, talk about Quick Draw McGraw

Quick Draw McNordie, faster than Lukas that was :busted:

QUICK+DRAW+McGRAW+B&W.jpg

You have'nt got a mint 01-02 GSXR 1000 muffler your interested in swaping have you ????

I'll see what I can find...

Never ment to get so far off toppic here, so steering back on coarse, it was good to see MX ROB nearly nudging 40 hp pre J.E. piston & Web cam, so lets hope this time on the dyno we see 42 plus, lets hope its more.

Sitting here at Starbucks reading TT waiting for Fast Bikes to open... tools and the big FCR crammed into my back pack. :busted:

Sitting here at Starbucks reading TT waiting for Fast Bikes to open... tools and the big FCR crammed into my back pack. :busted:

Maybe you should start "twittering" if you are going to give us live updates every minute. :thumbsup:

After my little cable slack discovery I am strongly considering putting mine on a dyno as well. Gotta know if it's finally making as much power as it should....

So here it is boys and girls! Sorry about the crazy squiggle lines at the end of the modded engine run. (rev limiter) We didn't catch that until we viewed the chart. I was in a hurry to get out of there and Fast Bikes was busy so I see now that we had speed instead of engine rpm on the bottom of the chart for the 42mm vs 39mm comparison. I'll get back over to the shop have have him run me another chart later. So you'll just have to wait for those results. :banana:

A digest (all with GSXR exhaust):

39 FCR w/stock engine 39.7 hp @ 6,100 rpm

39 FCR w/modded engine 46.1 hp @ 6,400 rpm :busted:

39 FCR w/stock engine 36.6 ft lb trq @ 4,750 rpm

39 FCR w/modded engine 40.4 ft lb trq @ 5,400 rpm :thumbsup:

OgAAAKile6DA21xjhy9lH5IdmaDz-zgsCnVAavV7hxnAnxWFanpnJVXy6iDBr2fhEu3FWRuKPAP8YDm2uDkh7QPp4tUA15jOjChtGlSgBqapGeKzFfDbeRvnqi4Z

My wallet REALLY didn't need to see that... :thumbsup:

:busted:

Oh wow.

Dammit...

Looks like ramen for breakfast, lunch, and dinner for the next few months to get all these mods on the bike over winter!

With big valves and a porting job....the thing should fly! Maybe 50whp!

I didn't get back over to the shop in time so I'll just post the 39 vs 42 with the speed instead of rpm for now. The RPM for the 39mm peaks at 6,400 so you can compare that to the 42mm and see the basic difference on the chart. Bottom line is there is still a loss until well into 5K rpm. After that there is an obvious gain and a longer pull. I guess you have to decide if a just under 1 hp and a bit more over-run is worth the loss of low end hp and torque. The next quandry is finding a big bore FCR-MX with the air cut valve and the blank push cable throttle housing. My big FCR is a bored YFZ 450 carb and the crazed machinist did not bore the carb correctly causing me to do a bunch of slide, needle jet and pilot circuit mods just to get the thing to work (the dink bored into the bottom of the venturi) hence my big bore jetting specs would likely not work in a standard 41mm or 42mm FCR-MX. Now, a big valve head might have a bit more attractive chart with the big FCR-MX. :busted: Oh, this is obviously a 4th gear test... the 5th gear test produced 109mph when it hit the limiter 14/42 gearing. Another oh... the dip in the red graph line is the dyno operator's brain fart reaching over to his keyboard and backing off the throttle a bit during roll on. :thumbsup:

OgAAAIGArk4krzfhpdYA_ibZF3cb4eFgm5fR2Te44oOIY4yzH1uSMWp0LB8IxVNYANIzTdcpeJvC9y0JGcVof4v7DRUA15jOjLkBL-Dy5svfrPUkjr__F2qUeK-9

not too far off the 725 #. Rob do you think a correctly bored carb would be any different? or just a stock 41mm? thanks for posting--getting more interesting all the time!

How about stroking the DR Rob? Modify your DR650 crank to take a early 650 rod. The extra stroke would make huge torque gains.

not too far off the 725 #. Rob do you think a correctly bored carb would be any different? or just a stock 41mm? thanks for posting--getting more interesting all the time!

I don't think it would be any different... I got it mixing correctly and looking good on the LM-1 data recorder. I just had to do a lot more to this carb than you'd have to do on a stock big bore carb (or one that had been bored properly). Lowering the bottom of the venturi is a really bad idea. The pilot and throttle valve circuits were trashed. At first I wasn't sure I was going to be able to resurrect it.

How about stroking the DR Rob? Modify your DR650 crank to take a early 650 rod. The extra stroke would make huge torque gains.

That would be quite the project. Hmmm, so that would be a 90.4mm stroke and you might as well go with the 106mm 725cc kit piston so.... 3.14 x 53 x 53 x 90.4= 797cc That should get the front wheel off the ground. Pie R Squared and "exhibition of speed" tickets R rectangle. :busted:

797cc That should get the front wheel off the ground. :busted:

"Oh, the humanity"

hindenburg.gif

With a 90.4 mm stroke you would reach 102,000 FPS/S Mean Piston Acceleration at 6500 RPM.

Of course you could exceed that but the life of the engine would be shortened quite a bit.

Crank balancing and the lightest piston you could find would help.

Of course with 797 cc's you may not want to rev it that high, you know

try to keep it on the ground.:busted:

Also to help the situation you would not reach 4,000 FPS mean piston speed until about 7,000 RPM.

So maybe it would hold together.

I think someone should try it.

Me, I'm busy putting watercooled RD350LC cylinders on an RD400 bottom end.

The worlds first watercooled RD400.

RD400LC, I like the sound of it:smirk:

Dave

Been riding the DR a lot and it just gets better every ride with the piston and cam! Wheelies come up almost too fast and the torque is just on tap everywhere. Can't recommend this mod highly enough!

Great weather for riding. No bugs to fly into that big smiling face you must have!

Hoping to do the mods myself this winter.

BTW, do any milage checks yet, or are you still having way to much fun?