Sign in to follow this  

Calling all Showa A-kit owners

The problem is we cannot see inside his suspension. I would think it's "not stock"...

I have had several A-kits (and even B-kits) and once the A-kits are dialed in they are very nice. Better than stock? yes, but not terribly better. I am not the best rider but the A-kits I have used have helped me become a better rider. I have had some damed good OEM revalved stuff, too, but the A-kits rigidity and ability to absorb bottoming are nice. I have never been able to duplicate A-kit shock performance with OEM stuff, but fork performance can be close. The 2009 CRF450R I have, for instance, has FC revalved OEM KYB forks and they really are damned good! Would rather ride with the Showa A-kit forks, but only because I am so used to them. I think with a little time and maybe a little tweaking, the KYB units would get even better.

It does seem that there's more "going on" with the A-kit shock compression device than with the OEM unit, but I am not sure. All I know is you can sit back, hammer the throttle and go over anything with that shock on there. Very inspiring.

It should be noted that guys with all stock stuff can still beat the piss out of me on the track, so that's gotta be an input into this equation. Different strokes for different folks, I guess. We all ride differently.

Ed

• Like 1

I ran across this old thread and thought I would share this- My A kit has wider CNC lower lugs.  The titanium Axel is at least 1 inch wider then stock.  This along with good triple clamps  keep the front and end  planted straight at all times.  When I crash my stock practice bike I usually need to straighten the front end because the front wheel is not aligned with my handle bars.   The A kit set up  keeps everything straight.   Look at the difference in the  picture below :vehicles-393837-0-90990900-1410986652.jp

Ktm went away from super rigid axle setups , for most riders it gives a harsher feel