Sign in to follow this  

anyone with a 280kit on their 250sx-f???

I've got a 144 right now. rode a 250f and looking for opinions from those who have put the 280 kit in their 250sx-f's. basically I was wondering how much of a change it was. better bottom and mid? everywhere? worth the money? just the gains and pains of the change....

I have a Thumper Racing 300 kit (290cc). Def more bottom and mid power. I sent my motor to TR and they installed it for a resonable fee. Well worth the cash!

my dad has one in his 07 sxf and loves it... well worth it if you ask me

I put in a TR 290 kit also. Best power to $$ ratio you'll get. Less $ than a full exhaust, but you can really feel and use the difference. Very noticable gains in the bottom thru mid.

I have done one for a customer, it makes a much easier to ride bike and lowers maintence as the RPM level is brought down. An "A" rider who is used to riding a bike pinned may not like it as its less rev happy but for the other 99% of the riders it is much more rider friendly

A 280 or 290 kit transforms the bike, from a flat motor to something that will turn better lap times than anything, 450s and 300 2 strokes included.

We had a 280 kit installed in our 08 when we had it and between that and the FMF 4.1 system it was noticeable for sure. Not overwhelming but certainly an improvement. If I were to do it over I would go bigger than the 280.