Sign in to follow this  

Fork lengths YZF

Is there a difference between the lenght of the yz 250f 2006 fork versus the yz 450f 2005?

Yes, the 250F forks are shorter. I believe the difference is about 12mm if I remember correctly.

So I bought a pair of 2006 SSS of a 250f and the forks are the same length as the 2005 yz 450f fork!!

So I bought a pair of 2006 SSS of a 250f and the forks are the same length as the 2005 yz 450f fork!!

What country are you in? The US models and European models come with different suspensions. It is very well possible that they are the same length on the European models, I didn't even notice that your location was listed as "other".

I´m in Sweden, but can you really confirm that the 2006 yz 250f fork is shorter in Usa? :ride:

I´m in Sweden, but can you really confirm that the 2006 yz 250f fork is shorter in Usa? :ride:

Yes, I just measured them and the lower legs on the 250F are about 12mm shorter. The upper tubes are the same length between the two.

KJ's measurements are right on the money. I have a 08 (and 09) 250f in the garage right now along with my 06 and 08 forks for the yz 250.

The 250f forks are 12mm shorter when measured dust wiper to fork bottom. Oddly enough, the 12mm did not effect the axle position as much. The axle looks like its 4mm shorter from dust seal to axle center.

I best get soem of these bikes out of th egarage or I may find myself John Bobbit style shorter when my wife sees them..."honest hon, they are'nt mine!"