radio install help

Do you have a meter or test light to check with?

Normally the unit will ground through the antena if you have it connected. I wouldn't count on that so it is a good idea to make sure you have a good chassis ground.

Are connecting to a switched +12v or a constant +12v?

What kind of radio and what kind of truck?

The screw that you used is probably not grounded clear to the frame. There are alot of places on the dash and in that area that are isolated from the frame. Take a long wire and go directly to the ground on the battery and see if it works. If it does work then what i said above is true and you need to find a good frame ground. If it does not work then you have other issues and we will need more info:thumbsup:

98 F150 - does it have a gray and a black plug that look similar, or a single squareish black plug (there's also a slim slim chance that you have the long gray plug with a small square black plug)? Both types use the same colors - the Black/Orange wire (5th wire down from the top on the car with the 2 plugs) is ground. The yellow/black is ACC, and the big wire next to that at the edge of the plug is 12V constant. Let me know what you have and I can help you further if this doesn't do the trick.

Dan