Sign in to follow this  

Goodbye 450R

Well as much as I was in love with my R I needed an enduro weapon which came to me in a bright lite in the shape of a Husky 510 TXC

Thanks to all the CRF owners for their advice since I joined this forum but its now time to move over to red n white.

Cheers

:thumbsup:

Wow, that is one sweet ride. Not sure what year you got but I'll post up a pic below.

Congratulations on the new bike and best of luck with it. :thumbsup:

2010_Husqvarna_TXC510-900x600.jpg

Thats the one, 2009 pulls like a train with a 6 speed box. Ive been a Honda guy since I was a kid so this is my first Husky. I think I made a good choice but only time will tell :thumbsup:

Thanks for th pic :worthy:

After the first ride today I discovered its going to take a little while to get used to the extra weight. Suspension was great for the desert cant say the engine has impressed me yet, wait n see once its broken in.

Carb on the TC and TXC. I went from Husky, Ktm and then to Honda, The right way imo. At least for MX. The new Husky 250 is great.

Yeah I went the other way as in all fairness the R is a great track bike but for open desert the Husky is design for it. I had an X and didnt like it one bit so once the Husky is broken in we will see. The older I get the more lazy I get so the only bike after this one will be a WR 300 2t or a KTM 300 XCW-E just to save weight.But first things first lets see how the 510 goes in Baja this year :ride:

I owned two CRF's then bought a TC510. I'm now back on a CRF. I just couldn't turn the lap times on it that I could the CRF.

The motor is strong and pulls to the moon! However it does not rev as fast as the CRF which is deceiving in comparing the two bikes.

My guess is that you will be spending time and money on the forks which has been the Husky's Achillies heel.

You have a great bike but do not try to make it a CRF you will get frustrated. Appreciate the bike for what it is..A piece of fine Italian art that will give you hours of pleasure! Especially while maintaining it. You are going to freak when you find out how easy it is to check the valves and replace shims. Then you are going to freak again when you accept the fact that your valves are no longer an issue.

Frankly I'm a little jealous as you will have sexy women all over it in the pits!

Enjoy!

so if i get one ill have sexy women?cool

You will have to beat them off with a stick! The Husky that is. Can't keep them off!:ride:

Sweat ride. In time you will be back. But a change is good. I left Honda for 3 years to ride KTM. They were nice but not a Honda. I hope you enjoy your ride. :ride:

Everyone needs to practice his right to choose. There are too many good bikes out there not to experience in one's life time of riding.

2010 Husky's shouldn't have as many suspension issues. They will be coming with the KYB forks and are keeping the Sachs shock. Although, many people will swear up and down about their Marzocchi's! Congrats on the new toy! Keep us informed on how it goes for you! :ride:

Wel only put about 15hrs on it to date but so far for the type of open desert riding that I do Im much faster than I was on the R. Sure the bike isnt light or as easy to throw around in the fast open desert as the R but when something jumps out in front of you like a boulder this suspension soaks it up without kicking you off :busted: No issues at all with the bike as yet. I did a few minor precautionary measures that are known to cause little problems but thats it. Ive added a larger front sproket and may reduce the rear another 3 teeth.

The jets are the only thing I need to change for warmer weather but thats it.

I have a steering stabilizer on the way which will smooth out the soft stuff at speed and then I should pick up the pace even more :thumbsup:

So far I couldnt be happier. (its no comparison to my old X as well)