subaru sti

And the low price tag insurance......young male insurance is hard enough to afford, adding in "fast car" to that equation makes it brutally painful.

My full coverage on 3 nice vehicles w/the wife listed as driving (?) is less than I was paying for liability at 17 on a cheapo-beater. That's sad.

when I was 18 I bought a brand new 98 Eclipse...I paid 300/mo payment and 200/mo insurance!!!!

now I insure my 2008.5 titan and 2001 Saab 9-3 convertible for about 500 every 6 months full coverage....its nice to be 30, clean driving record and married!:ride:

I had an 05 Sti insurance was high.. like $115 month. Last year i was thinking of buying a Zo6 vette checked insuance $99 month. Then had her check on a 08 Sti it was $120 month.

IMG_1224.jpg

Seems crazy that a faster car is cheaper insurance... but the rates are based on how many are crashed and how many people die in them. Lots more young guys running around in a STI wrapping them around trees than corvette owners.

Seems crazy that a faster car is cheaper insurance... but the rates are based on how many are crashed and how many people die in them. Lots more young guys running around in a STI wrapping them around trees than corvette owners.

Hitting a tree and killing yourself is cheap, hitting a family of four out for an evening stroll and paralyzing the kids is where the real expenses come from (for insurance companies).

Yeah. At the time a loaded Sti was about 37K to 40k. The Zo6 you could get a nice one for about 72k. Almost twice as much.

i've had my STI since i was 19..........i've been competing in local, regional, and a couple national autox and pro-solo events with my car.......also my insrance is around 1800 a year.

here's a couple pics and some of my mods include:

Stock EJ257 block

Blouch Dom3 turbo

APS DR525 FMIC

APS 70mm CAI

GFB BPV

Grimmspeed ported and coated Exhaust manifold

Grimmspeed TGV deletes

phelonic spacers

Perrin 2.4" inlet

Crucial thermostat

APS MAF tube

TurboXS EWG uppipe

Tial 44mm EWG

NGK 1 step colder plugs

Power Enterprise 850cc injectors

Perrin fuel rails

Perrin EBCS

Quick time performance DP with electric cutout

SPT catback

Cobb V2 accessport

ACT streetlite flywheel

ACT Extreme pressure plate

ACT 6 puck race clutch

CIMG5375.jpg

CIMG5112.jpg

CIMG5109.jpg

7-27autoxpic27.jpg

7-27autoxpic2.jpg

thanks i wont be buying one for another year. but thats a sick sti

Im 17 but my STI is insured in my dads name and I know its around a 100 somethin a month. I still pay for the car but my parents are nice enough to pay for the insurance, mainly because i do so good in school. Im actually tryin to sell it cause im gonna need the money for college.

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/cto/1348664663.html

let me no if your interested

No use for it in college? How about snaring some mighty fine poon-tang? You know they put a back seat in those things for something, right?!?! :busted:

hahah trust me I would have a use for it. Im movin to Orlando, Fl and im not gonna be able to afford the $320 a month plus my own insurance. It would be nice though...oh well, ill just get a street bike, the STI was fun while it lasted.?

How much boost are you running through the DomIII and with what fuel?

It's cool to see others across the country sportin' Grimmspeed stuff....I've been friends with Justin for many a year now. I remember when he first started out of his tiny ass garage doing porting work on manifolds, haha.

hell ya!! justin's stuff rocks....he does great porting and coating jobs......oh and the dom 3 is only running 20psi on pump 93.....looking into running 93 + meth or an E85 map next year with boost levels around 25psi...should gain a good 45 to 50whp and wtq....

How much boost are you running through the DomIII and with what fuel?

It's cool to see others across the country sportin' Grimmspeed stuff....I've been friends with Justin for many a year now. I remember when he first started out of his tiny ass garage doing porting work on manifolds, haha.

E85 is great if you have access to it (along with big injectors) -- good cooling properties and 105+ octane. The only downside is that the ethanol/gas ratio changes a few times per year so if you are running an aggressive tune, you need to play with your map every now and then.

I made 349wtq on the stuff with my tiny stock td04 (06 WRX wagon) on a Mustang dyno 2+ years ago before most people were even considering running the stuff.

nice.!!! I agree with you on the e85.....im leaning more towards the pump 93 plus meth....

E85 is great if you have access to it (along with big injectors) -- good cooling properties and 105+ octane. The only downside is that the ethanol/gas ratio changes a few times per year so if you are running an aggressive tune, you need to play with your map every now and then.

I made 349wtq on the stuff with my tiny stock td04 (06 WRX wagon) on a Mustang dyno 2+ years ago before most people were even considering running the stuff.