fuel screw not right

I have a 06 x I have a msr fuel screw on it and noticed the the wrong number was showing to be 2 turns out so I turned it back closed so I could check it and it only turned 1/4 turn till it was tight. Turned it out 2 turns and it was real loose and felt like it would vibrate out if it was runing. The bike ran perfect at 1/4 out, starts the instant you hit the button the only thing was it was idleing to high and i never touched the idel screw any ideas will this do anything to the moter (to much air, not enough air) ? Thanks for any ideas. BTW turned the idle down still starts just as fast.

If I get what your saying.You have to remember those aftermarket screws have a bigger knob on them has opposed to counting turns with a screw driver.

You're kidding, right? So one turn with a screwdriver is different from one turn via your fingers? How do you figure that? 360 degrees is 360 degrees no matter how you do it.

Wow...a new low in internet engineering prowess.

If I get what your saying.You have to remember those aftermarket screws have a bigger knob on them has opposed to counting turns with a screw driver.

Yeah even if your tip is small and your base 1 inch bigger... a 360 degree turn still is a 360 degree turn @ the other end

I'm pretty sure one turn out with a screwdriver is the same as one turn out with the knob.

Assuming that's true... how 'bout this question for you, Drifting... is the spring/washer/o-ring intact on your fuel screw? Pressure from the spring keeps the screw from vibrating loose.

It is the same! just the knobs are numbered 1turn-2-turns-3turns etc.Which only takes or feels like a quater turn.Get it!

WS, I see what you are saying now, but I don't think it's true...

We shouldn't ever have our fuel screw out four turns, which according to what I think you're saying, would be out to number "4" on the MSR screw. I think that if "1" is showing with the fuel screw lightly seated, the screw needs to be unscrewed so "1" is showing again for it to be the same as one turn out on the stock screw.

• Like 1

If you did 4 full turns to 4(360*) that would be too much.I thought after they are lightly seated and when turned to 1 is one full turn go directly to 2 is 2 full turns.

No... the only way to make 1/4 turn aftermarket equal 1 turn stock is to change the thread pitch on the carb and the screw. At least that's the only way I can think to change the ratio.

You're kidding, right? So one turn with a screwdriver is different from one turn via your fingers? How do you figure that? 360 degrees is 360 degrees no maWow...a new low in tter how you do it.

[internet engineering prowess.]

Dude it's a disscusion board. what ya get your panties all in a tiz for.

ok wait.. I know what you mean now and I was confused the first time I saw my fuel screw.

Mine is a MSR fuel screw with numbers 1,2,3,4

Now my understanding is that these numbers are just to give you an indication of how many turns you did... example:

My fuel screw completely closed shows #2 pointing directly at me.

So if I turn the screw "out" and make one full turn back to #2, that for me is 1 FULL turn.

If I bring it to #2 and go to #3, that = 1 turn + 1/4.. # 4= 1 turn +1/2..etc etc.

Confusing huh. Never quite understood the numbering either.

Well thats what I meant as an example.. my fuel screw closed shows me #2 pointing at me.. If I turn it out to #3, that would equal 1/4 turn..4#1/2,#1=3/4 and #2=1 full turn... the numbers are just there to help you can't... it doesn't mean bringing it to 3 would equal 3 turns..