GasGas EC250 LCD display not working.

I did a few searches and didn't get anything.

I have an 06 gasgas ec250, and the lcd display started flickering a couple of rides ago. Then, last time I started it there was no display at all. I attached a 9v battery to the "engine not running" connection, but there's still no display. I still get power for the lo/hi head, tail and brake lights etc..

I did ride in some mud, but haven't washed it since I bought it off of a mate only a few rides ago. He never had a problem with it for the last year or two he's owned it; I usually ride trails with him.

Has anyone else had this problem, and did you fix it?

I'll probably just wack a bicycle computer on it if I can't get it sorted, rather than pay a dealer to try to fix it, and then have them just order another (over-priced) one. I know that there are some fancy ones available, but a bicycle computer(I already have one to use) would be fine for me at the moment.

Hi

the electronic speedos on the 05 and 06 gassers where pron to water damage as they are not water tight . mine died and i only washed the bike with the hose not the washer blaster .

just put a trail tech on it, you can use the same magnet thats already on the front wheel

Good luck

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the reply mate. I've been a bit busy and haven't been on TT for a while. I managed to hook up the speedo wires to a bicycle computer for last weekend's ride, we did a total of 630kms through Victoria National Parks and the border track between SA and Vic. It was a great ride, but my bike was very thirsty in the sand, and luckily I was able to get fuel off a couple of the other guy's 25l tanks. I'll definitely not do that trip again without a long range tank!