Sign in to follow this  

how have you removed the water seal....

without removing the crankcase cover..... gosh what is the trick ?

I have removed the little spring thats in the seal to seal the rubber against the shaft, but what is next.... how do you pull it out ?

I always had luck with a small screwdriver. Use a cheep one thats not hardened and put a 90 degree bend on it. You can carefully get that behind the lip and pull it out.

Why did someone give me bad gas for offering this guy advice?

God damn this gas gauge thing is ****ing stupid.

• Like 1

Why did someone give me bad gas for offering this guy advice?

God damn this gas gauge thing is ****ing stupid.

Hey NorCal, if it was me it was a mistake. Check to see if my user name is behind the comments. I had posted positive feedback for you for helping out, if I hit the wrong button I apologize. Can a moderator fix it ?

:ride::lol::):lol::lol:

I don't care, I just think the whole thing is stupid. I don't need a moderator to fix it.

You can't see a username, it doesn't matter anyway.

:):lol::lol::lol::p

Seal picks do the trick. Here's a page with pix of a few, but I am not suggested to buy these or from this place, just did a search and they showed up. Buy the HD ones with the big handles so you can grab them hard and pull hard. The skinny "dental size" ones suck, IMO, unless you have VERY small hands.

On this page, the middle one in the HD set pictured is perfect for our water pumps.

http://www.mytoolstore.com/kd/kdspec11.html

NorCalRider I would have posted something like this "Glad to see a guy helping someone out - crf450319"

I always include my username in the comments so guys know who has left them feedback. I'm still hoping it wasn't me ?

Dude don't even worry about it. :ride:

The whole gas gauge thing is stupid, I get people leaving me bad gas and the only comment they leave is: "you're gay" or "quads rule!" or "you're stupid and gay!"