How do I stick on case savers

Hey Guyss,

I bought a set of DRZ400 case savers and cannot find anything to keep them on. Tried a silican compount and then a liquid nails, they fell off each time

What do you guys use?

Luck I have found them both again :ride:

Thanks in advance

I used a clear silicone from the auto department at Walmart. Clean both the case saver and the case thoroughly. Apply a generous layer to the back of the saver. Stick it in place and tape to hold it there until the adhesive sets.

Mine have not moved since installed. Three years now.

• Like 1

Clean both the engine case and the cover....apply a liberal amount of adhesive in a circular (snail pattern) pattern starting from the center of the cover out towards the outer edge...leaving apprx 1/4" between beads of each pass....press onto engine case applying enough pressure that the adhesive starts to press out...tape into place...let cure for 24hrs.

OK thanks everyone, I will try again, I used clear silicon the first time, How do I get something so simple wrong?

So what is the trick to removing the old silicon, once it sticks its hard to get off eh ;-)

I ordered some high temp tape used for the automotive industry that I am gonna use to stick mine on, had a plan to get a template made to cut the tape to fit the case savers, I contact several companies but it just doesn't seem to be a money maker for them so nobody wants to do it, I had it cost out to a minimum of about $1500 to get a template made, I didn't want to invest in the process and probably never get my money's worth, have to sell a lot on the side to break even but most use the high temp silicone adhesive

I had two come off the clutch side when rocks hit the shifter and case...I had used silicone to hold them on. Cleaned it all off and used Loctite Power Grab Adhesive (tube from Lowes, HD) and a few dabs of Marine Tex epoxy to hold it tight while the adhesive cured for a day .. it's not coming off again

I had two come off the clutch side when rocks hit the shifter and case...I had used silicone to hold them on. Cleaned it all off and used Loctite Power Grab Adhesive (tube from Lowes, HD) and a few dabs of Marine Tex epoxy to hold it tight while the adhesive cured for a day .. it's not coming off again

full protection is not just about making them stick. don't have lowes in bc, so is that like silcone?

Can I use J-B Weld?

no, imo.

permatex 66b adhesive sealant

like chooken and others have said.

not only does the 66b (or similar) work as glue, it also adds a protection layer spreading the force of the impact, since its applied 1/16-1/8" thick.