Women don't like going down - men think it's OK though

hey all, i am a newbie !!!

seen the title of this thread and went WT____ well you get the picture

I love going up, and used to hate going down, but after dislocating my right shoulder 4 times, and my left three.... sor some reason down hill doesnt bother me much anymore unless the rear end of the bke is all of the sudden beating my front end down the hill first lol

My poor husband when i first started riding my 2 stroke, i wouldnt approach the hill at a high enough speed or gear and ended up running out of umph before the top, we have all skills levels but usually the ones that get talked about are the gnarly ones. anyone alot of times i would watch to see which line he took and then circle around and take my run then right before the top run out of umph and just put out both feet, while landing the brakes. if I didnt lay it down i just stood there lookin uphill at him. he'd put his bike down run down the hill and usually ride my bike downhill and back up. most times when we climb, you cant stop and then get started again and continue uphill.

thank God i've gotten over that, i have alot more fun and im sure he does also:ride:

That doesn't look too bad.... lot of loose stuff so stay off the front brake as much as possible.

My poor husband when i first started riding my 2 stroke, i wouldnt approach the hill at a high enough speed or gear and ended up running out of umph before the top, we have all skills levels but usually the ones that get talked about are the gnarly ones. anyone alot of times i would watch to see which line he took and then circle around and take my run then right before the top run out of umph and just put out both feet, while landing the brakes. if I didnt lay it down i just stood there lookin uphill at him. he'd put his bike down run down the hill and usually ride my bike downhill and back up. most times when we climb, you cant stop and then get started again and continue uphill.

thank God i've gotten over that, i have alot more fun and im sure he does also:ride:

I've done that. She's coming up almost there and just short of the crest, the bike stalls.

Sometimes I'd reach down and grab on to what ever I could to pull the bike up, sometimes I'd just hang on long enough for her to get off so the bike wouldn't go anywhere.

Still, wouldn't trade it for the world.

i luv goin down. didn't always like to, had to learn to listen to my ole man first. now it's part of the ride and i enjoy the big thrills of both climbing and decending. sorry if i'm braggin'!!! just thought showing it's not so bad once you learn right might help/encourage someone who's still not sure.

3906192687_30a59cc9c7.jpg

3906192681_42aeb7bda6.jpg

keep them eyes and ears open to the more experienced riders!

I love going up, and used to hate going down, but after dislocating my right shoulder 4 times, and my left three.... sor some reason down hill doesnt bother me much anymore unless the rear end of the bke is all of the sudden beating my front end down the hill first lol

I dunno, having torn my MCL on a nasty downhill (going too slow believe it or not) I would break out in a cold sweat every little downhill that looked loose. Getting more comfortable now but in general I like going up more than going down big hills. Been practing hills lately as my son is going to be doing the 56-70cc class in the Big Nasty Hill Climb this weekend on his 65sx :busted:

I think going up you have more control as it's mostly about throttle; hills, washes etc. all seem more fun going up.

i luv goin down. didn't always like to, had to learn to listen to my ole man first. now it's part of the ride and i enjoy the big thrills of both climbing and decending. sorry if i'm braggin'!!! just thought showing it's not so bad once you learn right might help/encourage someone who's still not sure.

3906192687_30a59cc9c7.jpg

3906192681_42aeb7bda6.jpg

keep them eyes and ears open to the more experienced riders!

Wait a second, that top picture is not an uphill its a frigging 4 gear jump....What is on the back side of that? any good landing, does it slope away? Man that looks like a nice kicker....and coming back down looks like a 3rd gear drop in landing better than half way down...Where is that picture at?:busted:

Wow, so many ways to answer the question..

...okay, I'll be good.

I HATE HATE HATE going downhill. I dunno, something about the speed you pick up, or the locking back wheel, or the fact that I went over the handlebars when I was 12 on a pedal bike down a steep hill and jacked myself up considerably...

Whatever the reason, downhills are TEH SUCKKKK>....

Z

O

M

G

OHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGOD

I'm going to have bad dreams tonight!

Huh. No gravel or sand, right? Is the surface at the bottom hard or soft? If hard, well, I'd do it. Probably clutch in, riding the rear brake a little to keep the speed under control... I could do the compression braking thing, but I hate to hear it scream like that.

Gravel, now, that's another story...

Wait a second, that top picture is not an uphill its a frigging 4 gear jump....What is on the back side of that? any good landing, does it slope away? Man that looks like a nice kicker....and coming back down looks like a 3rd gear drop in landing better than half way down...Where is that picture at?:busted:

lol.. it took me two years to get my nutz on that pull.. what goes up, must come down too!!

was about 100 feet wide at the top, plenty of room to get your druthers after making it up.. turned the bike off so i could concentrate, put it in 3rd gear, pulled the clutch in and let 'er drop.. as soon as i felt i was coasting a little faster than the top of second (about 1/2 way), i let the clutch out slowly with my foot ready to shift to 4th if she hunched on me..

area is on the far side of caineville,utah (aka swingarm,factory butte) right behind me was the step-up made famous by metzger. http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2009/0414/as_moto_cville_630.jpg

& no.. i didn't do it! lol