Sign in to follow this  

2000 Sherco 2.9

Ran across an ad for a 2000 Sherco 2.9 for approx $1800 & will be going to take a looksie in the next day or so.

Is there anything in particular (other than knocking noises from the engine, cracked frame, or dry-rotted rubber) I should be on the lookout for?

This will be my first foray into the world of trials, and I'm confident than any bike will have far more capabilities than I have abilities - but - if there were significant advances in later years that improved reliability or forgiveness, I'm all ears and open to suggestions, Sherco or otherwise.

Thanks in advance,

Phil

I'd be nervous of that one ^^^. That's a very low price for an 06....

Then again, it's only an hour from me, maybe I'll snag it! :ride:

I'd be nervous of that one ^^^. That's a very low price for an 06....

Then again, it's only an hour from me, maybe I'll snag it! :ride:

Could always use it to make a quick buck.

Unless its hot...I would run the VIN by police and RYP

Okay how many people would be dumb enough to steal a trials bike and then try to sell it on craigslist. I don't think it would be very long before someone who rode at the same event as the guy that a bike was stolen from would see it and then it would get back to the original owner pretty quick.

Same guy who sells a mint running 06 Sherco for $1K...

I hope im wrong - but my guess is that is not a pic of the real bike and he's selling it for a friend....It happens.

It's not an 06, it's an 04. At least that is what the plastic is. Grey rear fender & blue front. Black frame for 06. Still too cheap.

It's not an 06, it's an 04. At least that is what the plastic is. Grey rear fender & blue front. Black frame for 06. Still too cheap.

few of those bikes over here, got one myself, 05 model, which i think is basically the same. "" love it "", very smooth, stable, and reliable. check it out or get a mate to do it, they are a good competitive bike.:ride:

Phil, did you get a look at the Sherco?

Not yet; we're trying to set something up for this weekend.