Hour meter location, good spot?

Best place I could find is inside the airbox. Whatever you do, please don't drill holes in your frame and don't sweat the double-sided tape. It's not that permanent. In fact, as with duct tape, safety wire, loc-tite (red and blue) and booby posters, every garage should have a roll of 3M double-sided tape.

IMG_2696.jpg

There's already a convenient little hole in the roof of the airbox, towards the front. Just run the wire through there and run it along-side the main wire harness.

I think Jim(justicedone) had the spot. Right between the frame serial # and the manuf sticker is a neat little flat spot where it fits perfect and is easy to see but well protected. I was hoping I could put it by the steering stem at the front of the tank

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v379/jjmIII/2007CRF450R012.jpg

thats clean but The IMS 3.2 doesn't leave room. Thanks for the help

I mount mine with zipties to the wire harness between frame and airbox. I use a hour meter/tach combo and with that mounting location I can adjust the idle easily. Even if you use the double sided tape I suggest that you attach at least one ziptie as a safety. I have already lost one of these on my Kawi when the tape let go.

I mounted mine on the top triple clamp right infront of the nut. The issue I have now is I added a Vapor and it's real hard to see. I might have to move it.

I also saw one guy had his on the back side of the front number/headlight plate.

I like this location on my 250X. There's a small tab there welded on the frame by Honda. The meter can't fall off even if the tape fails. It's like the spot was created for an hourmeter. By the way, the meter pictured is $20 retail at any Briggs & Stratton lawnmower shop.

hourmeter.jpg

I was even thinking of... a....

41mDWKYxCtL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0029VY4G4

For those long rides when I'm running dual HIDs, and want to make sure I'm constantly charging... and my reg/rec is still in good shape, or stator is providing juice. I guess there's not much you can do once somethings fails (but limit your draw - turning off a light, etc), but since I've been testing lighting... I think it'd be a good temporary item to utilize (plug in to my spare 12V plug at the steering stem that comes direct off my battery)

I mounted mine on the top triple clamp right infront of the nut. The issue I have now is I added a Vapor and it's real hard to see. I might have to move it.

I also saw one guy had his on the back side of the front number/headlight plate.

Mine is in that same place. Perfect spot!

Nice ... I've never used one, and thought it'd be good to start...

Same here. Since I plated my bike it was hard to keep track(with my computer, which I never figured out and now on the blitz) and riding it almost every day. Almost 5 years and about 7000 miles later- I figured better late than never

Nice ... I've never used one, and thought it'd be good to start...

Same here. Since I plated my bike it was hard to keep track(with my computer, which I never figured out and now on the blitz) and riding it almost every day. After almost 5 years and about 7000 miles I figured better late than never.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey fellas... you guys that run an hour meter/tachometer style...

Ever notice the tach and if it's close to the real RPMs?

... I installed mine (non bike specific type) as it shows 9.9hrs thus far, and when I installed and checked the tach... it was waaaaaay high. I mean, 16,000 rpms at just above idle. It seemed to jump around a lot.

Anyone else notice this?? Or have one that shows correct RPM? I'm just curious as I really don't care to know the RPM, but thought it would be cool if you were to check it against a Vapor (computer)or were telling someone where your bike cut out and at what RPM (use it for troubleshooting).

Let us know what brand you have, and if it shows correct RPM (to the best of your knowledge)