Clicker settings for 120# kid

Can anyone recommend settings for my 13 yr old son? He's 120# with gear on on a stock 05.

Any info appreciated.

Hi,

What is his skill level and what type of riding will he be doing?

He's pretty light for the stock springs, you may need to install a lower spring rate in the rear to get the proper race sag settings, which is important for proper handling. Stock springs are set up for about a 160-180 lb rider.

I would start by backing all the clickers out and see how that feels and then start increasing compression and rebound as needed. If he is intermediate level, then run the clickers in 2-4 clicks to begin with.

One to two clicks makes quite a noticeable difference on these bikes.

Hes intermediate I would say, we ride track (breezewood pa). I changed the oil in his shocks and the spring has 2 tick marks. Book says this = aftermarket but not rate. I suspect the spring is a higher rate one. I am going to look for a lighter spring for him. With clickers all the way out its still to hard for him. I will see if the oil change helped but it appeared to be the right amounts and viscosity on the drain procedure.

Thanks for info.

Hi,

What is his skill level and what type of riding will he be doing?

He's pretty light for the stock springs, you may need to install a lower spring rate in the rear to get the proper race sag settings, which is important for proper handling. Stock springs are set up for about a 160-180 lb rider.

I would start by backing all the clickers out and see how that feels and then start increasing compression and rebound as needed. If he is intermediate level, then run the clickers in 2-4 clicks to begin with.

One to two clicks makes quite a noticeable difference on these bikes.