Tyres for mix of mud and rocks type of terrain?

My recent favorit tires is Kenda Washougal sticky, rear works great from snotty mud to rocks and stones they reallys are sticky, especially on hard ground or stone/rock, dry or wet. Front is also ok, quite firm sidewalls makes them stable on stones and rocks, keeps a stright line where you want to go and dont loose it in mud/soil, roots etc. I always ran M12 front and s12 rear but I find the kendas better and also get more hours out of them than michelins.

Several of my riding buddies are using the Washougal Sticky front and rear with excellent results in all types of terrain, tire life is very good. I am definitely going to try a pair as soon as my Dunlop 756s (pretty good tire too)are done for.

Wow, do you ride that thing on the street? I have a MX51 on my KX250 and it is wearing very well. I have almost 6 hours of XC racing and about 15 hours of trail riding and it is ready to be flipped. Gravel roads seem to wear out quickly though.

I just put 4 more hours of XC racing on lava rock and I am really impressed. Last fall at the same place the B402 rear lost at least 10 knobs. I have a couple of knobs with small cracks starting but lost none. My new 756 front didn't hold up as well. I'll post a picture as soon as I find my camera.

Another vote for the Kenda Washougal sticky. Like a 756 but with bigger knobs, more space between the knobs, and lasts a LOT longer. Almost as good as an S-12 in the mud. I've converted several of my friends to Washougals. The 90/100-21 front is the best offroad front tire I've ever seen - big volume and excellent pinch-flat-resistant rim-protecting sidewalls.

• 5 months later...