650L seat is killing me

Does anyone have that corbin seat for there xrl. My xrl seat is just killing my lower back. Put on around 100 miles and can barely move the next day, let alone ride. Any tricks to try. Thinking about that corbin seat, but man do they want a pretty penny for that thing.

THanks

Aaron

Handlebars set high enough? I have a Renazco on the 610 and a travelcade gel seat on the xrl. I picked up a waffle seat pad a while back that really works, got mine at Wally but here's the website. $20

http://roadmasterusa.com/product.php?p=RGSC100

I rode about 1600 miles in CO last month and almost 350 saturday afternoon, all with the waffle pad. :busted:

hmm, I have serious back problems and the xr650L seems the most comfortable seat of any DP bike to me.

Are you sure there aren't other ergo factors? Are the bars too far forward, causing you to "slump" forward? Are they too low?

You can also try reversing the passenger pegs ( left on right, right on left ) and you will notice you can perch the heel of your boot on them, this reduces the hip angle and helps my back a lot on longer trips

happy trails makes some highway pegs. I take my piggy off road too, and these little add ons help so much I'm willing to pay the weight penalty for my road portions.

I made my own gel seat to make it more comfortable and to lower the seat height.

I bought a 5/8" Akton Polymer gel pad, which can be cut and trimmed to size, then carved out a lot of foam with an electric carving knife. Reattached the cover with a pneumatic stapler.

Much more comfortable and I now sit at least an inch lower...

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=75484

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=75483

Some people just have bony a$$e$ and a narrower seat (no matter how plush) does indeed cause them discomfort ... from the fat a$$ crew ... we "feel" for ya bro! :busted::banana:?

That's a fact. I'm on the heavy side, but I have a bony ass. The seat is narrow and causes pain in the butt bone region after extended periods of sitting. If it was a tad wider to distribute the weight better, it would be more comfortable. There's no doubt that it is softer than most other Dirtbike seats out there, but the narrowness is what kills me. Alternating between standing and sitting on long dual sport rides cures the issue. I went on a 170 mile long DS ride back in July and had no issues at all.